Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

E-mail connection keeps failing

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: E-mail connection keeps failing

Hi Amanda:

Has there been any progress on resolving this issue?  

Robert

Highlighted
Sophomore

I am having the same problem. Started about a week ago. Has gotten progressivly worse. My user name and password work fine for the web access of my mail. I went to the trouble of changing my password; made no difference.

My neighbor is suffering the same issue. Needless to say the internet is slower than usual.

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

Sorry for the wait. We believe this issue is now resolved. Please test and confirm or let me know if you are still experiencing the same issue.

Thank you

Highlighted
Freshman

Hi Amanda:

The issue is not fully resolved.  My email client (Outlook 2019) is able to log into the email server, but I cannot seem to completely download my email.  I get occasional tiny bursts.  The duty cycle of the bursts is about ten percent or less.

I have plenty of connedction bandwidth.  I just ran a connection speed test that yielded 41 MB download speed and 3 MB upload speed.   Other sites load quickly.  The bird is functioning great.

Clearly, something has gone wrong with the HughesNet email system, and I dont believe it is connected to the COVID issues/number of users.  Looks to me like a bug somewhere in the module that interfaces to automated client logins.   Please let me know what is going on.  I need to know what to expect.

Thank you very much.

Robert L. Oder

Former Hughes Engineer

Highlighted

Hi everyone,

After escalating again to our email team, they have informed us that should no longer be issues regarding logging in on 3rd party clients. If you haven't already, consider updating your password and trying again. 

To address a second issue reported by @RobertOder -  while the HughesNet system maybe functionally optimally, there may be underlying issues outside of the HughesNet network causing delay in retrieving/delivering emails.

Please let me know if you are still experiencing issues loggin into your 3rd party clients even after resetting your password.

Thank you

Highlighted
Freshman

Hi Amanda:

I experienced  login rejections again this morning.  Perhaps the email server lacks sufficient bandwidth to keep up with the number of logins requested?  

I am unaware of any other underlying issues.  What are you referring to?

Robert