cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EA Origins not working

EA Origins not working

EA Origins has not been working on our desktop for 2 months, with a brief period of about 2 weeks that it did work before EA did another update. I have tried everything I have found on previous threads but it still will not allow the login to communicate to the Internet. I can't even get the setup file to download from their site, but it will at work with Time Warner. I don't have the problem with Steam.  System setup is Windows 7 64 bit, tried Chrome, IE, and Firefox to download a new copy none work, cleared the cache, turned off accelerator, plugged PC directly in to modem - nothing changed, all options under Internet options have been unchecked under LAN settings, I even turned off the firewall and antivirus nothing. Any help would be appreciated.
10 REPLIES 10

Re: EA Origins not working

Hello j.mcki6218,

Thank you for your post & for researching your problem beforehand. Just to check, did you update Origin at another ISP and then come back to HughesNet and see if it worked? Some people were reporting this fixed their issue. Unfortunately, Origin's updates keep breaking the connection and there is unfortunately nothing HughesNet can do to combat it since the changes Origin makes are actually against the basic operation of our service delivery.

Thanks
Amanda

I have tried this no luck it updates fine on Time Warner then when another comes out it does it again, which points the finger directly at Hughes.net. Now I can't even get the installer file to download. If it is against Hughes policy have you contacted EA about this? With Christmas coming up you will probably have a lot of customers complaining about their kids not being able to access their games.

Associate Professor

Updated just fine for me with Web Acceleration off on an HT1100... Hughesnet isn't blocking Origin.  Why it works for me, and not others is beyond me...

No Web Accel
Win10
Norton DNS
Local SQUID cache...

Also, the ThinSetup client downloads just fine for me...

Charles, I'm glad it works for you but it doesn't for me. Here are the screen shots of what I get plus proof I have web acceleration turned off:
Associate Professor

Thanks I will ask them about it
Associate Professor

Only other thing I can recommend giving a try is the following

A few days after Origin updates, you can use this link to download the full offline installer, EA tends to keep that updated to the latest version (it's different from the ThinSetup), but sometimes they take awhile.  https://download.dm.origin.com/origin/live/OriginSetup.exe

I will definitely give this a try and I will contact them about an updated modem. We have had all kinds of problems this year with this service but things had calmed down till now. Thanks for the help I really appreciate it.