cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EMAIL not going out from emClient

Highlighted
Sophomore

Re: EMAIL not going out from emClient

Now set as you state - still not working.  Seems like all combinations of ports and SSL enabled/disabled do not send.

What is the proper setting for PORTS and SSL?  I operating in POP mode. 

This has worked for nearly 20 years and all of a sudden .. boom.

Highlighted
Sophomore

I have changed the ports as indicated and ensure the authentication is correct. and tried all flavors of SSL.  None of it works.

Can someone post the "correct" settings (or at least the options) of Ports and SSL on/off for POP mode?  I think I have tried every combination.

This has worked for 20 years and then ... boom. 

Highlighted
Associate Professor

I posted the correct settings precisely. I have them set that way in Outlook and it works with no issues. I'm afraid there's something wrong with your client. It's possible it's either not setting the correct port (using the default instead) or some other issue.It was recommended some days ago that you contact your client's developer as a fallback to try to figure out the probkem. If you've not done that, well, there's nothing anyone can do for you other than what's already been done/discussed. Good luck.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Sophomore

Yes, I have done that, as I said I would.  And have started working with them.

Highlighted
Sophomore

NEW INFORMATION:

I logged in via webmail and when I tried to send an email I get an error message back saying:

Blacklisted by Internal Reputation Service.  and a lot of details stuff about return path after that. 

No email client involved.  Could this be why client has been unable to connect?   

I am looking into how to resolve this but any suggestions on shat to do?

Highlighted
Associate Professor

No.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Does the message you get clarify who is blacklisted?

CNS wrote:

Blacklisted by Internal Reputation Service.  and a lot of details stuff about return path after that. 

No email client involved.  Could this be why client has been unable to connect?   

I am looking into how to resolve this but any suggestions on shat to do?

Highlighted
Sophomore

Here is the specific error message text:

Blacklisted by Internal Reputation Service.

Return-Path: <cns@hughes.net>
X-Authed-Username: Y25zQGh1Z2hlcy5uZXQ=
X_CMAE_Category: 0,0 Undefined,Undefined
X-CNFS-Analysis: v=2.1 cv=ZsNNU4PG c=1 sm=0 tr=0 a=bY+bM9/mKJztUtGSkaJH+w==:117 a=L9H7d07YOLsA:10 a=9cW_t1CCXrUA:10 a=s5jvgZ67dGcA:10 a=FKkrIqjQGGEA:10 a=FsKEtdHKdvMA:10 a=Kbs2a1J9zssA:10 a=o4bSt8P714vCxwCN2FUA:9 a=QEXdDO2ut3YA:10 a=no8qZEg_wP8yZpiHhfMA:9 a=_W_S_7VecoQA:10
X-CM-Score: 0
X-Scanned-by: Cloudmark Authority Engine
Authentication-Results: smtp01.hughes.cmh.synacor.com header.from=cns@hughes.net; sender-id=softfail
Authentication-Results: smtp01.hughes.cmh.synacor.com smtp.mail=cns@hughes.net; spf=softfail; sender-id=softfail
Received-SPF: softfail (smtp01.hughes.cmh.synacor.com: transitional domain hughes.net does not designate 10.33.66.6 as permitted sender)
Received: from [10.33.66.6] ([10.33.66.6:48367] helo=md13.hughes.cmh.synacor.com)
by smtp.hughes.net (envelope-from <cns@hughes.net>)
(ecelerity 2.2.3.49 r(42060/42061)) with ESMTP
id 39/DA-03533-BE4682E5; Wed, 22 Jan 2020 10:06:19 -0500

I know someone has suggested that it is the Client BUT ... seems highly unlikely.  I have another email account, from another domain, in the same client with exactly the same settings and everything works fine for that one.  And the client (emClient) has a 'diagnose and troubleshoot' function and it validates connectivity for the working domain and shows it failed for the hughesnet domain.  Everything the same.  Having said that, I am working with both the client developer (they are slow to respond) and with HughesNet to try to sort this out. 

Remains baffling unless it has something to do with this blacklist thing. 

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Blacklist doesn't prevent you from connecting to HughesNet's email server.

However, it might prevent someone from receiving an email you send from it IF and only if their email server subscribe to that particular service for filtering purposes.

Secondly, an SPF-softfail just means that email server's IP is not listed in their DNS record as a valid email server. Why is irrelevant to this issue, but worthy of note. That said, that doesn't mean the recieving server will reject the email (quarantine as spam).

Highlighted
Sophomore

It looks like the email client has recommended a solution that works, and appears to be working now.

One of the options in the SMTP setup is "Use SSL on a special legacy port".

I'm not sure what the means, in detail, but it worked when changed.

Thanks for everyone's help and for your patience with my ignorance.

View solution in original post