cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER!!

EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER!!

Dissatisfied with Hughesnet internet service. Very slow and very unreliable. I have had to use my mobile data more and more in order to complete my online college homework assignments . Now I will be short on my cell service data!! I would think Hughesnet customer service would or at least should be addressing these issues (which to me seems to be a lot of negative feedback) and providing those customers compensation in some form for the inconvenience. I use to have Centurylink (which I thought was horrible) and changed in 2014 to Hughesnet. I am now regretting my decision. At least Centurylink was UNLIMITED data and was paying the same price or lower as I do now for a fixed amount of data. Now , if I want to switch I either have to wait until a particular date or come up with something like $200+ just to get rid of this crappy internet service!!
8 REPLIES 8
Highlighted

Re: EXTREMELY DISSATISFIED CUSTOMER!!

Right on mommacougar! I have had this terrible service for a year and can hardly take my classes online.. The problem with that according to hughesnet is that they are not raping my pocket book enough. Wow hughesnet please take more of my hard earned money and give me more lame excuses about why my Internet sucks. If you can find another Internet provider, do it. I am tempted to run cable line myself to get better Internet.

I have spoken to supervisors will hughesnet and they didn't help. I have lost hope Bill.

People need to read and understand what they have. There is lots of information here if you just look for it....read the griping and then read the answers for what the issue is and how to fix it. I have fussed and complained and carried on myself. Finally I came to the realization that I needed to UNDERSTAND what it is I have and learn to work within what it is capable of. It is NOT internet like you can get in town. I don't live in town, I live in the boonies. Hughesnet is all I have access to so I need to educate myself on how it works. Listen to Bill and some of the others on here that truly have a handle on hughesnet and how to work with it. Now I just wish I had not left the wifi running on my kindle last night!! Just got back all my data and now I have to keep an eye on my status meter for a week or so until I get back where I should be for the month!! Read, listen and understand what you have and let go of the anger.
Associate Professor

Mary, this is one of the best places to come to for help, but as Bill said, you should create your own topic by clicking "New Post" at the top of the page, and include as much information as you can, and what you have done so far as troubleshooting steps.
New Poster

Also please dont post your SAN
Honorary Alumnus

get a stick up and put it somewhere on your monitor

How is that going to help ?

Alum

Hi mommacouger,

Thanks for posting so that we can assist you. All of our customer service agents are in place to help users who run into issues. This is a very small percentage of our user base and we typically always find solutions for our customers. We'd love to see what we can do for you. We just need a bit more information to go by. You explained you are experiencing slow speeds, can you describe when this started? Is it only during a certain time of day? Have you run out of anytime data when you notice this slowness? Finally, what are you main tasks that you use the service for? Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris

Funny guys. I have stick up's!! That is how I remember to do the things my husband asks me to do. Like calling the gas company today and ordering gas. Silly me just FORGOT the wifi. You are talking to the woman that really walks into rooms and forgets what she went in there for!!