cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EXTREMELY low download speeds

EXTREMELY low download speeds

I find it pretty ridiculous that this many people are having the same low speeds but thats besides the point . So ever since I've gotton hughes Net I've had maximum speeds of around 2 mbps and an average of 95 kbps I have added tokens but i only have a lasting effect on the internet for about 30 minutes and they promised 25 mbps... So could a tech support maybe run a diagnostic of the sort to tell me the issue thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Professor III

Re: EXTREMELY low download speeds

@User_Not_Found 

If buying tokens helped, it suggest that at least one of the issues is data usage, as tokens are only used when you've exhausted your monthly data allotment.  When you exhaust your data allotment your service speed is throttled, and using a token brings you out of that throttled state.  As well, if the token only lasted for about 30 minutes it means that something is chewing through your data very quickly, exhausting the token and sending your service back into the throttled state.    

With regard to the data usage, the following thread may help... https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/HughesNet-Data-Management-Tips-n-Tricks-How-To-Elimi...

I'm sure that the reps will take a look at your HughesNet equipment to make sure that nothing is amiss that could be causing speed issues when you are not out of data.  The reps are on M-F from approximately 8AM to 5PM EST.  They usually reply within a day.  Make sure to keep your modem plugged in so that they can run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment if they deem it necessary.  

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit

Re: EXTREMELY low download speeds

Good morning User_Not_Found,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting. As Gabe suggested and our phone support explained Saturday when you called in, your slow speeds are due to your monthly data usage having been exceeded. Please visit http://hninfo.us/FApolicyGen5 for more information regarding our data usage policy.

I did run diagnostics on your site just to make sure all was well, and your HughesNet system is working fine, you're just out of data. Gabe's link above for data management will also help you ensure your data lasts for the month so you can avoid this in the future.

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->