Hughesnet Community

Early Termination fee

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Raymond Fate

Early Termination fee

I would like a sales call review I guess is what you call it. I have not remember a 2 year contract. I signed up through Directv. we were further lied to when we found out about the early termination when we called to cancel it July 1, 2016 that if we put it on suspension that we wouldn't have to pay the early termination fee. they said we owed for 5 months of termination fee but they couldn't explain why it was 5 months. Not to mention we had to turn off our service if we wanted to watch a video because it was so slow.
44 REPLIES 44
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I'm sure they are! But do I care? NO! Because the thing is they have toe worse customer service I have ever seen! Along with the thousands of others hughesnet will not last very much longer at this rate!
Then,

Actually I do! I'm the one who got out of the termination fee by knowing what I'm talking about! This stupid forum is full of people trying to prop up a dying company that people don't want to do business with and those who are frustrated and desperate for help.

Yeup... They sure are sinking... Ya know, with stock at three times it's value as it was 5 years ago, and continuing to climb, as well as an ever increasing customer base.

/-waits for Bill to post this on his "community" lul-/
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

No doubt.  Anything he can do to "spread the word", although what that word is I have no idea.  It seems to have gotten lost in middle school aged antics.   
Chris11
Alum

Hello Raymond,

Thanks for posting updates. I'm glad everything was able to get resolved by our support agents. To clear up any confusion. No sales call review was done. According to our agents the reason for waiving your ETF was explained here:

Type of Credit: ETF
Amount of Credit: $145
Reason for Credit: Cu was billed for the ETF when the accnt was closed due to missing payment but the cu was under the impression that they will not be billed for the RF and taxes bec was promised a month of credit by the previous rep and credit was not applid on top of that the cu was adv that they need to pay if they will relocate their svc wherein we should be processing move program

Not sure what the DirecTV rep explained to you, however we do work directly with DirecTV sales agents to get calls reviewed. With @DirecTV emails and everything lol. Maybe the rep you spoke with just isn't familiar. It's a big company. Who knows, all that matters is that this is now resolved. I'll go ahead and close this thread. If you do have anymore questions feel free to create a new post.

Thank you,
Chris