cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Echostar 19 Gen5 plans to be announced next month

Associate Professor

Re: Echostar 19 Gen5 plans to be announced next month

Cat7 isn't exactly a IEEE/TIA standard for network cabling... The highest grade verified and compliant is actually Cat6A (not e... E is NOT a standard for networking either).  But, the modems will have wired connectivity available as always.
Highlighted

I just checked and it was 200ft Cat6 Outdoor Waterproof Ethernet Cable Direct Burial 200 ft (600 MHZ) Shielded.
Assistant Professor

Oh I see now, you're running Ethernet from where the dish and modem is located a good bit away. Was confused by your first post. What you have now should also work with Gen5.

Thank you, Corrosive and BirdDog. Now if the data increase is enough? I already have 50 Gig a month. Still with 4 users having more would be better! Netflix, Amazon Prime etc...
Associate Professor

I have a run to the router in the house and then one back to a old computer in the outbuilding. Two PC's hardwired from the router in the house and one PC is wifi. Everything works great!
Sophomore

I'm getting 231kbps down and 119kbps up, I have 10% packet loss, and Chris is all but ignoring my thread. I just want the 10/1 I pay $75 a month for.
New Poster

January has come and gone, so where is the announcement about gen 5 plans and pricing?

Can someone explain why I can not get a larger package in 'my area'?  What am I farther from the satellites?  What am I 22,300 miles and 10 feet away?  20 GIG tops when I know there are 50 Gig packages elsewhere.
Assistant Professor

It depends on the loading of the satellite beam and gateway serving your area. The 50 GB plan is only available in a few areas and I have it but it is no longer available for new customers where I live.

Simply put, fewer people using it in a given area means higher plans for that area.