Hughesnet Community

Echostar 19/ Jupiter 2 Satellite beam maps.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Savage
Freshman

Echostar 19/ Jupiter 2 Satellite beam maps.

Someone asked in my other thread where I saw the beam maps so I thought I'd start a new topic to share them with everyone.

https://www.satbeams.com/satellites?id=2556
15 REPLIES 15
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Savage wrote:
Someone asked in my other thread where I saw the beam maps so I thought I'd start a new topic to share them with everyone.

https://www.satbeams.com/satellites?id=2556

Savage, I dont know if you saw in the other thread, but those beam locations are actually incorrect.  Those are based on the ES17 beam locations, which are totally different than the ES19.  

I don't know how long it will take to update to the correct beams, but hopefully it's soon.  

I'm on beam 51 with Gen5 in Western NY state, but that info shows beam 51 being in California.  🙂

Thanks for the update gabe, how do you check what beam number you are on? 

On your system control center page ( 192.168.0.1 )  click on System Information at the top of the page.

Hi Gabe,

where do I find the spot beam that I am on? I am in the eastern interior of Alaska, 30 miles NW of Tok near where the Robertson River runs into the Tanana River.

GabeU

@Tananataler

Go to www.systemcontrolcenter.com and click on "System Information" at the top of the page.  On the lower right is a box that says Satellite.  In that box is the info for your Gateway and Beam.  

I found it. Beam ID is 139. so I go tothe page listed and look for 139... I will try BBL if I have a problem. TU.

GabeU

@Tananataler wrote:

I found it. Beam ID is 139. so I go tothe page listed and look for 139... I will try BBL if I have a problem. TU.

If you are speaking of the SatBeams page listed by Savage, those beam placements are incorrect for the ES19.  Those are based on the ES17. 

I just looked and it shows ES19 but just don't see 139... Let me try again.

GabeU

@Tananataler wrote:

I just looked and it shows ES19 but just don't see 139... Let me try again.

For the third time, the beams listed for ES19 ARE NOT CORRECT.  They are based on the ES17 beams, which have entirely different beam locations than the ES19.  They are incorrect.  Your beam is not listed, nor is ANY ES19 beam.  

I'm having a problem orienting around the Community page... :=))

I believe I have read all posts now! Hopefully Maps will be updated soon.

I don't see 139 listed Gabe. New to the sat beam maps.

GabeU

@Tananataler wrote:

I don't see 139 listed Gabe. New to the sat beam maps.

NONE are listed.  As I stated, those beams locations are not correct.   

Okay Gabe. All I know for sure is that my location is well in  the spot beam.

GabeU

I imagine the beams for Alaska are probably more elongated than for the lower 48, so they basically handle a larger area than normal.  But, even though there is considerably less access to landline based high speed internet for those in Alaska, I'm sure that the beams will still be pretty sparsely filled, which is a good thing.  I don't imagine overcrowding of those beams will ever be much of a problem.  LOL.  

So Will has told me. The beam runs out just south of Tok and **bleep** in Chicken appears out of luck.

But I understand that all hope is not lost for the customers on the fringe areas.

Donloads are much better that the old system I had, averaging 45 Mbps. I don't think speeds should change anytime soon.