cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elderly Mother Scammed

Re: Elderly Mother Scammed

sorry i only speek english-----us older people just don't know how the net works------we flip a switch and the lite comes on !! and we expet the laptop to do the same !! and a qt. of milk is no longer >10 and comes to you door--and gas is not >19 a gal !! and you get your oil checked and your wind shild cleaned !!!!

She has other internet options.

I agree, and I would change the title of my post, if I could.  I just don't think its right that the details were not explained to her initially, and now she is in a place where she can't afford to pay the ETF, and even with continuing the service, she is cut off from the outside world and communicating with them.  Can't do much with .014mbps.  Homebound, elderly, and with no internet service.
Alum

Hi Robin,

Thanks for posting and welcome. Sorry to hear of this. Hopefully we can help. The order number you gave will not be sufficient. What we need is a case number or the serial number of the HughesNet modem. With this we'll be able to pull up her account. We hope to hear back from you soon.

Thanks,
Chris

S/N B30010078920A8

Thank you very much Chris!

Robin

Could you also find anything that she ever signed agreeing to the terms and conditions?
Alum

Hi Robin,

I am still waiting for the results. Signing off and agreeing to the contract happens once the installation technician completes the install. Before he/she leaves they get confirmation in person with our clients confirming that everything is working to satisfaction. Before this, all terms and conditions are read out to customers over the phone before completing the sale. All of this will be reviewed from the sales call. So we'll be looking at a broad view of the call to make a decision. I hope this helps clear everything up. Once I have more I will let you know.

Thank you,
Chris

She is homebound, and her husband just passed away on Jan 31st.  She needs internet access to keep in contact with friends and family.  And to pay her bills.  This is causing her much undo stress.  She is now without internet access until the 1st of the month, but even then, the amount she is allotted will not last her, month to month.  I can vow to you that I personally will see that your company receives all of their equipment back in a very timely manner.  Please expedite this inquiry, thank you so much.
Highlighted

I am a former customer and left HN after I moved. 

What I can tell you is that once some maintenance(turning off auto playing videos and ads) and some information provided to your mother, she should not run out of data each month. I had it happen twice in all of the years I had it. Once was my fault for leaving a live stream running while I did other things. The second time was due to a new laptop having Lojac on it.

How long does it typically wait to pull the phone calls?  I need to help her with this this weekend and I still have not heard back from you?

I need resolution to this problem sooner than later.