Hughesnet Community

Email Client Connection To Server Failed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noramae

Email Client Connection To Server Failed

I posted this last night but have not had no response so I am posting again. I am having problems with my email. I also can view web mail, but cannot connect to the server using my devices. If I use my email program on my computer I get "connection to server failed". If I try from my iphone I am unable to get any new mail. If I shut off my wifi connection on my phone and use my Verizon data I get my email on my phone. I have verified the problem is not with my router. I have even hard wired the Hughes modem directly to my computer and still am not able to receive my email on my computer using my email program. I have been on the phone with Tech Support several times regarding his issue but still have no resolution. They advised me to contact my service provided for my phone and to contact my service provider for the email program on my computer. It's not my iphone as the email works fine when I use the Wifi connection at other locations and it works fine when I use my data. The only time the email will not work on my iphone is when I am using the Hughes connection. I don't want to have to use my Verizon data to retrieve my email on my phone and there is no reason I should have to use my data. Can I please get some assistance with this issue. 

Nora Clark 
13 REPLIES 13
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Are you using these port settings on you email client program?

http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7014.aspx
noramae

Yes
Amanda

Hi Nora

Thank you for your post! We did see the other one but it was posted outside of our hours and didn't get a chance to reply in time 🙂 We do hear your concerns and would like you to know we are currently tracking this and our engineers are investigating, since we have had multiple reports of the same thing. I'll happily provide you updates as they come along!

Thank you
Amanda
billmiller43

I spent over an hour on the phone with a Hughnet Supervisor. Was told problem was at their end and had been corrected. Then I logged in and was able to get my messages. Next morning, same problem. I  just gave up on them and use my other email address. Also the Hughesnet page sucked up over half my usage during that session! They are just too screwed up to work with. Now I'm only using part of my 5/50 Gb data per month. I do NOT use Facebook or the Hughesnet home page. And I run a Mac with OS X 10.11. Windoz is still not secure after 30 years, and most likely never will be. My PC's went in the trash, and I've never looked back.
bdvvdd12

Apples OS's are super secure either.  The more popular an OS becomes, the more profitable it becomes to create malware for it.

http://www.digitaltrends.com/computing/can-macs-get-viruses/
https://www.google.com/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=apple+os+viruses+malwar...
duke_mabank
Sophomore

Hi Amanda, I had the same problem 2 nights ago, Siri could not find the Internet, next morning I could not get to aol/mail and could not get into this forum but I was able to get to several news sites and other sites I visit. So, the next night I pulled the plug on everything... Router, modem, computer and went to bed. Plugged the modem in the next morning and everything was working again. I realize it's difficult to say for sure but what do you think? Did.unplugging the modem do the trick or did hughesnet fix the problem? BTW my location is 60 miles southeast of Dallas, tx.
Amanda

Hi Duke

Hard to say. These customers affected (Nora for example) are on a particular network. The modems they would use are an HN9000, which is white. If you're using the same modem, I would say maybe! 

Amanda
duke_mabank
Sophomore

My modem is HT 1100 and have had Hughesnet for only a month. Over all, I am happy with it. If I have any similar problems I will try unplugging it overnight again. Maybe it didn't like openDNS that I had set in my router. Changing it to obtain DNS automatically didn't seem to work but maybe unplugging over night reset something regarding DNS.
noramae

Amanda, I am checking to see if there are any updates on the status of my issues. I a still having the problems I mentioned above. 
noramae

Amanda, I wanted to let you know that as of 11:40 AM my email client is working. I also had some problems loading some other pages and those pages are also working now. Thanks so much for your help. 
donsjgm
Junior

Hi Duke,
You probably don't have to wait overnight, just rebooting the modem and sometimes the router will correct the problem.
billmiller43

Well, 15 years with NO malware or problems is my record. How is yours with Windoz?
 I know what is going on within my Mac. Your antivirus program is doing the most processing. And I no longer have to wait every startup for AV to update and check system. Plus I don't spend $ every year for updates. Even OS X updates are free. How much have you spent the last decade for WIndoz???
Amanda

Hi Nora Mae

Thank you for the update. Please let us know if you see a loss in email service again so that we can help!

Thanks
Amanda