Email Problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RiverDog
Sophomore

Email Problem

For the last two days i have received no email and no email is going to the Hughesnet server. I use Outlook 2016 on a Windows 10 Pro system. I receive daily emails from 5-6 sources and have not been able to receive any since Sept 15, 2020. Sent messages don't seem to be working either.

6 REPLIES 6
Liz

Good morning RiverDog,

I see it's your first post here, thanks for these details! We certainly can look into this. Please check your Outlook settings and make sure they're set to these parameters:

Inbound Server: mail.hughes.net

Port 143

Outbound Server: email.hughes.net
Port 587 try with SSL
Authentication required

If those settings don't make a difference, please private message me the e-mail address in question so we can have a deeper look.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Good morning RiverDog,

Thanks for messaging me the screenshots The outbound server URL is actually slightly different from the inbound, your screenshots indicate they're they same. Outbound should be email.hughes.net

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Sorry about that Liz, I missed that when I was testing. I was able to send a Microsoft Outlook test message to your server and was able to retrieve it in my Outlook. What I don't understand, I've been using POP and SMTP for the entire time I've had Hughesnet. I also don't understand why, when I log on to Hughesnet web mail, I see no emails from any of the people I normally get emails from daily. I'm sure they would have sent mail daily but nothing new shows up since the 15th. If you can please check and see what's going on because I'm still not receiving mail I should.
Thank you,
Jim

We can certainly look into this for you, there have also be others who've reported the same thing. I'm escalating this to our e-mail admins. I'll keep you posted.

-Liz

Just to let you know, your update notification came to my outlook inbox immediately.

Good morning RiverDog,

Thank you for this confirmation, our e-mail admins have also confirmed this as well as a test e-mail sent to this address. If you have any other concerns regarding e-mail, please let me know here, I'll leave your thread open for a couple more days.

-Liz