cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email and password impass

Highlighted
Freshman

Email and password impass

I've been with Hughes since 2004.  I havent had a working email (for me) in almost 5 years.  My wifes email is now a problem.  

I know what the issue is, but after the last 4 contacts with level one tech support, all I am is extremely frustrated.

 

I need a tech contact who isn't level one, who SHREAKS at me that i have NO RIGHT to request higher level tech support.

 

Tech support who's talent is totally to follow a flow chart (i'm being noice by not referring to them as script monkeys) cannot help me.

 

I need someone from Hughesnet to call me (or I'll email the details) that we might fix this without the 2 hours flow chart system.  

 

I'm frustrated and am about to go to a competetor, as changing my email is getting to be less important than trying to save the ones we've had for 16 years.

 

Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction?

Tags (2)
29 REPLIES 29
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

Re: Email and password impass

The HN reps on this site will not call or email you. I you have case numbers, your best bet is to post those numbers here so the reps can track down what's going on.  They're here M-F from 9-5 (sometimes a bit later), so the earliest you will hear is sometime next week. 

 

eritori wrote:

I've been with Hughes since 2004.  I havent had a working email (for me) in almost 5 years.  My wifes email is now a problem.  

I know what the issue is, but after the last 4 contacts with level one tech support, all I am is extremely frustrated.

 

I need a tech contact who isn't level one, who SHREAKS at me that i have NO RIGHT to request higher level tech support.

 

Tech support who's talent is totally to follow a flow chart (i'm being noice by not referring to them as script monkeys) cannot help me.

 

I need someone from Hughesnet to call me (or I'll email the details) that we might fix this without the 2 hours flow chart system.  

 

I'm frustrated and am about to go to a competetor, as changing my email is getting to be less important than trying to save the ones we've had for 16 years.

 

Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction?


 

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: Email and password impass

Thanks for writing.  

 

I have no case numbers.  I need a route for tech support where I have a possibility of talking to a supervisor.

 

All I'm getting is dead ends...

 

Anyone else?


@maratsade wrote:

The HN reps on this site will not call or email you. I you have case numbers, your best bet is to post those numbers here so the reps can track down what's going on.  They're here M-F from 9-5 (sometimes a bit later), so the earliest you will hear is sometime next week. 

 

eritori wrote:

I've been with Hughes since 2004.  I havent had a working email (for me) in almost 5 years.  My wifes email is now a problem.  

I know what the issue is, but after the last 4 contacts with level one tech support, all I am is extremely frustrated.

 

I need a tech contact who isn't level one, who SHREAKS at me that i have NO RIGHT to request higher level tech support.

 

Tech support who's talent is totally to follow a flow chart (i'm being noice by not referring to them as script monkeys) cannot help me.

 

I need someone from Hughesnet to call me (or I'll email the details) that we might fix this without the 2 hours flow chart system.  

 

I'm frustrated and am about to go to a competetor, as changing my email is getting to be less important than trying to save the ones we've had for 16 years.

 

Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction?


 


 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

Re: Email and password impass

Yeah, you're not going to get that direct route. The reps here will check your account and get back to you. I suggest you wait for them to post a reply to you. 

 


@eritori wrote:

Thanks for writing.  

 

I have no case numbers.  I need a route for tech support where I have a possibility of talking to a supervisor.

 

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: Email and password impass

That sounds good.  Thank you.

 

I'm not trying to cause problems...I just need some competant help.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Email and password impass

@eritori 

 

Let me preface what I'm about to say by saying that it's not an excuse for the problem you're experiencing, but only some advice.

 

As time goes on, fewer ISPs are offering proprietary email, and there will very likely come a day when HughesNet will no longer offer such.  There will also likely come a day when their email is shut down altogether, though that's going to be a good while from now, I'm sure.  Because of this, and because one's email closes after 45 days when they leave HughesNet, it's a good idea to at least have a backup email that's provided by one of the more well known free providers, like Google, Outlook (Microsoft), Yahoo, etc.  

 

Personally, I recommend that people migrate to one of the aforementioned providers regardless, but that's just me.  Those providers aren't going anywhere and they're continually improving their service.  That's nothing against HughesNet, but just a proactive type recommendation.


AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

Re: Email and password impass

No worries. You're well within your rights to seek a solution to your problems. 

 

eritori wrote:

That sounds good.  Thank you.

 

I'm not trying to cause problems...I just need some competant help.


 

Highlighted
Moderator
Moderator

Re: Email and password impass

Hello eritori,

 

Thanks for posting, I can certainly help address your concerns. I've already started investigating your account and escalated your account here at corporate for more assistance. I could use more details about your e-mail experience, so whatever you can offer, please post those details here so I can better assist you.

 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

 

Thanks,

Liz

 

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Freshman

Re: Email and password impass

Liz, thanks for taking a look at our problem.

 

I don't know what other details you need....sorry.  Dont want to drone on here complaining and being no earthly good to anyone.

 

At the bottom of your post is a message: "ZPlease create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replie".  Im really showing my ignorance here,  Was that directed towards me?

 

Ug!  I hate looking so stupid.  I auctually was a network atminastrator 20 years ago, but have fallen upon the wayside when it comes to these things.

 

 

 

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

Re: Email and password impass

"Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited private messages may not get replies".  Im really showing my ignorance here,  Was that directed towards me?"

 

That was not directed at you. It's Liz's signature, directed at everyone, and basically it means that the way to deal with issues is on the community, and that sending mods private messages will not get replies unless the mod has specifically requested a private message.