Email and password impass

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
eritori
Freshman

Email and password impass

I've been with Hughes since 2004.  I havent had a working email (for me) in almost 5 years.  My wifes email is now a problem.  

I know what the issue is, but after the last 4 contacts with level one tech support, all I am is extremely frustrated.

I need a tech contact who isn't level one, who SHREAKS at me that i have NO RIGHT to request higher level tech support.

Tech support who's talent is totally to follow a flow chart (i'm being noice by not referring to them as script monkeys) cannot help me.

I need someone from Hughesnet to call me (or I'll email the details) that we might fix this without the 2 hours flow chart system.  

I'm frustrated and am about to go to a competetor, as changing my email is getting to be less important than trying to save the ones we've had for 16 years.

Is there anyone out there who can point me in the right direction?

30 REPLIES 30
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The HN reps on this site will not call or email you. I you have case numbers, your best bet is to post those numbers here so the reps can track down what's going on.  They're here M-F from 9-5 (sometimes a bit later), so the earliest you will hear is sometime next week. 

eritori wrote:

I've been with Hughes since 2004.  I havent had a working email (for me) in almost 5 years.  My wifes email is now a problem.  

I know what the issue is, but after the last 4 contacts with level one tech support, all I am is extremely frustrated.

I need a tech contact who isn't level one, who SHREAKS at me that i have NO RIGHT to request higher level tech support.

Tech support who's talent is totally to follow a flow chart (i'm being noice by not referring to them as script monkeys) cannot help me.

I need someone from Hughesnet to call me (or I'll email the details) that we might fix this without the 2 hours flow chart system.  

I'm frustrated and am about to go to a competetor, as changing my email is getting to be less important than trying to save the ones we've had for 16 years.

Thanks for writing.  

I have no case numbers.  I need a route for tech support where I have a possibility of talking to a supervisor.

All I'm getting is dead ends...

Anyone else?

@maratsade wrote:

The HN reps on this site will not call or email you. I you have case numbers, your best bet is to post those numbers here so the reps can track down what's going on.  They're here M-F from 9-5 (sometimes a bit later), so the earliest you will hear is sometime next week. 

eritori wrote:

maratsade

Yeah, you're not going to get that direct route. The reps here will check your account and get back to you. I suggest you wait for them to post a reply to you. 

@eritori wrote:

Thanks for writing.  

I have no case numbers.  I need a route for tech support where I have a possibility of talking to a supervisor.

That sounds good.  Thank you.

I'm not trying to cause problems...I just need some competant help.

maratsade

No worries. You're well within your rights to seek a solution to your problems. 

eritori wrote:

That sounds good.  Thank you.

I'm not trying to cause problems...I just need some competant help.

GabeU

@eritori 

Let me preface what I'm about to say by saying that it's not an excuse for the problem you're experiencing, but only some advice.

As time goes on, fewer ISPs are offering proprietary email, and there will very likely come a day when HughesNet will no longer offer such.  There will also likely come a day when their email is shut down altogether, though that's going to be a good while from now, I'm sure.  Because of this, and because one's email closes after 45 days when they leave HughesNet, it's a good idea to at least have a backup email that's provided by one of the more well known free providers, like Google, Outlook (Microsoft), Yahoo, etc.  

Personally, I recommend that people migrate to one of the aforementioned providers regardless, but that's just me.  Those providers aren't going anywhere and they're continually improving their service.  That's nothing against HughesNet, but just a proactive type recommendation.

Liz

Hello eritori,

Thanks for posting, I can certainly help address your concerns. I've already started investigating your account and escalated your account here at corporate for more assistance. I could use more details about your e-mail experience, so whatever you can offer, please post those details here so I can better assist you.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz, thanks for taking a look at our problem.

I don't know what other details you need....sorry.  Dont want to drone on here complaining and being no earthly good to anyone.

At the bottom of your post is a message: "ZPlease create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replie".  Im really showing my ignorance here,  Was that directed towards me?

Ug!  I hate looking so stupid.  I auctually was a network atminastrator 20 years ago, but have fallen upon the wayside when it comes to these things.

maratsade

"Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited private messages may not get replies".  Im really showing my ignorance here,  Was that directed towards me?"

That was not directed at you. It's Liz's signature, directed at everyone, and basically it means that the way to deal with issues is on the community, and that sending mods private messages will not get replies unless the mod has specifically requested a private message. 

Hi eritori,

What steps are you taking to check the e-mail inbox?

At which step do you run into a problem?

If there's an error message, please post a screenshot of it.

Since you're able to access the community, you're able to log into the Support Center(http://my.hughesnet.com/), so I'm assuming that the trouble happens after you click the My Email link in the top right corner? Let me know if this assumption is incorrect.

All three e-mail accounts are having the same issue?

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Okay, I see what you mean...there are two issues here.

Password first:  If I ever clear my browsers cache again I will never be able to log on for email, my account or this msg board.  It will sign me in, but if I try to sign in manually, Hughesnet will not accept the password/logon.  I have it in my password manager in 3 browsers, and they will all log in peacefully unless I try to log on manually,  I have spent the better part of 4 hours trying to explain this to your lvl 1 reps to no avail.  I can NOT change my password because, once again, Hughes's servers will not accept my manual password input,

Emails:  This is a 2 parter.  My wife and I both have email accounts.  They are setup and I know how to access them.  My email, JKWill wont let me sign on manually or through the browser.  I can spend a couple of hours trying to resolve the issues with your personel, and it will start to work,  But within 24 hours I cant sign on to it.  And yes, if I log on and log out immediatly after fooling with it, it will work 4 or 5 times and then refuse my logon/password.

My wifes email issue is once again, a problem with the passwords.  There might be another issue but cant really address them until we get the password problems resolved.

I know how to fix it, but it involves something that this forum isn't an approriate place to discuss.

Is that clear?  I will clarify (if I can) upon request.

Thanks

JW

Out of frustration I tried to move it to gmail, but the password doesn't work.

Thank you for the details. I'm waiting on engineering for now, but until then are you able to create a new HughesNet account for test purposes?

-Liz

I wish I could.  You have to sign in manually to create a new email.  And that is the crux of my problem.  I cant sign in manually....it wont accept a manual password from me.

Hi, 

I just want to see if you're able to create a new account, sign in, and access that account's inbox.

-Liz

I can sign in as you are seeing me access this forum.  I can access my mail if I let the browser sign in automatically.  I am unable to do anything to the account other than just read it because doing anything to the account, IE, create a new email account requires me to sign in manually, which I cannot do because I DONT KNOW THE PASSWORD that the server requires.

Are you understanding this and I'm just not recognise that?

Thanks

GabeU

@eritori 

LIz is asking if you can create/register a completely new HughesNet account, as if you've never created an account prior to this, and if you can access the email of that new HughesNet account.  

I believe she wants to determine whether the problem is pervasive or tied only to your current Hughesnet sign on account. 

Screenshot (17).png

I know HOW to register a new account, I've been with Hughesnet for more than 15 years. and have done a bunch since then. 

The problems is, in as few words as possible:

To create changes to an account, such as creating a new account, the process requires that you sign in manually.  I have been  unable to do that for some months now.

My brower can sign me in via the password manager, such as signing in to this forum.  No problem.

But Hughes will not allow automatic sign-ins for things like changing passwords and creating new email accounts.

I need to, somehow, be able to manually change my sign-in password so I can do these things (among others)

Yes the email problems are dependant on me being able to do this.

I have some other email issues that need to be addressed as well, but cannot proceed in fixing anything until someone at hughes helps me fix the password snafu.

JW

GabeU

@eritori wrote:

I know HOW to register a new account, I've been with Hughesnet for more than 15 years. and have done a bunch since then. 

Then, per Liz's request, you should do so in order to answer her questions.  She asked them for a reason.  

@eritori wrote: 

To create changes to an account, such as creating a new account, the process requires that you sign in manually.  I have been  unable to do that for some months now. 

Creating a new account isn't creating changes to an account. It's creating a new account.  If you've created the new account Liz has asked for and you're having the same problem with that new account, please let Liz know, as this information will help to inform her on what the next step for troubleshooting or fixing the issue may be.

Gabe:

Okay. guess I wasn't listening.

When I try to create a new account I get a page that asks me to fill in my SAN number and phone number.  From there I get a page that roughly says:  Hey, you already have an account registered to that number.  Go back (via the hot button) and blah, blah blah.  So I do, then I get a page saying it can't load that page.

I will mess with it today and see if I can get it to behave without clearing my cache.

I'm actually trying to pay attention hear...cheefully and patiently...

JW

GabeU

@eritori 

Actually, it's myself who should have paid better attention.  I apologize.  It's been a long time since I've created an alternate sign on, and the instructions I was giving were completely incorrect.  Creating a new email/sign on identity on the profile page is the way you have to do it, and if you're not able to sign in manually you won't be able to do so.

I'm sorry for now having wasted five days of your time with something that wouldn't have worked in the first place.  😞 

It's just an idea, and I know you've already tried it with three browsers, but is there a different browser that you may be able to try that wouldn't use or be connected to the password managers?  I'm just wondering if maybe the password managers themselves are causing a problem with a manual sign on.