Hughesnet Community

Email delivery being rejected by Hughesnet ...

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DHB
New Poster

Email delivery being rejected by Hughesnet ...

Just started about a week ago. Seems my mail server at hughes.net is picking and choosing my emails to reject as spam. I'm an old disabled vet and only do email between myself and maybe 20 friends and family. We exchange and foreward emal back and forth. NOW maybe more than half of my emails are rejected for spam content. Been in contact with all on my list for years and nothings changed. Help.

4 REPLIES 4
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

The HughesNet reps on this site can look into this for you. They're on M-F during business hours and typically respond within 48 hours, so hopefully you'll hear from them by Tuesday.  

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@DHB 

Something you may want to consider, even just for a backup, is signing up for a webmail account with one of the more popular free email services, like Gmail, Yahoo Mail or Outlook.  It's nothing against HughesNet's email, but those mentioned, especially Gmail (Google Mail), tend to be very reliable and are more 'full fledged'.  You can also take them with you, no matter who you have for your internet, whereas HughesNet's email ends if/when you end your service with them.  

It's just a thought.

Liz

Hi DHB,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. I pulled up your account and see there are a number of associated e-mail addresses. Was it just yours that had problems sending e-mail or do you know if the other addresses are also getting rejected? I may as well escalate those to have this addressed. You can privately message me which e-mail addresses are being rejected for spam. 

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Hi DHB,

Thank you for your patience, your e-mail should be working normally again. I still need to have the others addressed as well (unless they're fixed now too?) Please let me know.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!