Email logout issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Email logout issue

When I log out from Webmail and then log back in, I'm not asked for my crendentials again. I'm automatically logged in to the same account.  Just wanted to report that the logout is not really a logout. 

74 REPLIES 74
maratsade

So, logging out of Webmail also logs me out of the community.  Is this supposed to happen?

Possibly. So the original issue of logout process not actually logging out is no longer happening?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

That's right -- now you get logged out of everything. 😁😁

Whew. I'm hoping that @Oletrapper can also confirm. I'll leave this thread open for the rest of the week before I close it.

Thanks, maratsade!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Nothing has changed on my end,. 😞

Log out and it just sits there

Occasionally, a banner will come up and say that your session has ended. Please log in to continue. When that happens and I click on Log In it will take me to Hughes Home portal. If I then click on My email, upper right hand corner, it will take me right back to the email I just logged out of. Email account opens up immediately. 

I am using the Firefox browser with Start Page as home screen.

I haven't tried anything on Crome.

maratsade

Liz, I can confirm what @Oletrapper experienced with Firefox. I logged in to the community, then to Webmail. Logged out of Webmail, reloaded the community and was still logged in. Clicked My Email and it took me right back to Webmail. 

With Chrome, logging out of Webmail logs me out of Webmail and the community. 

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

Liz, I can confirm what @Oletrapper experienced with Firefox. I logged in to the community, then to Webmail. Logged out of Webmail, reloaded the community and was still logged in. Clicked My Email and it took me right back to Webmail. 

I'm trying to see if I can replicate this in Firefox, but I have a couple of questions.  So far, here is where I am...

1.  I opened a Firefox webpage (none had previously been open), went to the Community and signed into it. 

2.  I clicked on 'My Email' on the upper right, which opened a new tab.  I was automatically signed into the webmail on that new tab.

Here're the questions...

3.  When I log out of webmail that opened in the separate tab, do I then close that tab so that the only webpage remaining open is the original one on which I'm still signed into the Community?

4.  When I reload the Community, do you mean a refresh of the page on which I had already been signed in?

I can't answer the questions but just wanted to let you know that everything seems to be working on Crome. Using Crome browser, went to hughes.net, logged into an account, logged out and then was taken back to the hughes home portal. Hit my email and the sign in screen opened up as it should. It did not take me back to the mail I just logged out of as it does with Firefox.

maratsade

Yes, it seems to work on Chrome but not on Firefox. Still, it's a step in the right direction! 🙂

@Oletrapper wrote:

I can't answer the questions but just wanted to let you know that everything seems to be working on Crome. Using Crome browser, went to hughes.net, logged into an account, logged out and then was taken back to the hughes home portal. Hit my email and the sign in screen opened up as it should. It did not take me back to the mail I just logged out of as it does with Firefox.

Good morning folks,

This was an interesting read this morning. So logout works on Chrome, for everyone, correct?

However the same issue persists in Firefox, but just for @Oletrapper?

Have you tried clearing Firefox's cache and cookies?

Does the issue persist in Private Mode?

Is your Firefox browser up to date?

Curious to see your answers to these @Oletrapper. If Firefox does seem to be the odd browser out, I'll see if our devs can replicate this, because I just tried it myself and it works normally in my Firefox browser.

Thanks,

Liz

maratsade

3.  When I log out of webmail that opened in the separate tab, do I then close that tab so that the only webpage remaining open is the original one on which I'm still signed into the Community?

I closed the tab. 

4.  When I reload the Community, do you mean a refresh of the page on which I had already been signed in?

I do a hard refresh (Ctrl+Shift+R)

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

I closed the tab. 

I do a hard refresh (Ctrl+Shift+R)

Thanks for the info.

After the Community page refreshed it was no longer signed in for me.  When I clicked on My Email I needed to sign in again. 

I'll try it on Chrome later to see what happens.  I want to do it when I have only those pages open and not others like I do now.

maratsade

"After the Community page refreshed it was no longer signed in for me.  When I clicked on My Email I needed to sign in again. "

Crazy stuff.

maratsade

HughesNet is messing with me: Now the process is working on Firefox the same way it works on Chrome: logging out of Webmail logs me out of Webmail and the community.  😲

crazy.png

GabeU

@maratsade wrote:

HughesNet is messing with me: Now the process is working on Firefox the same way it works on Chrome: logging out of Webmail logs me out of Webmail and the community.  😲

crazy.png

It was playing catch up.  😁

@GabeU wrote:

@maratsade wrote:

crazy.png

It was playing catch up.  😁

Wish I could say the same. Still not logging out on my end. When I log out it just sits there. If I hit log out again, I get the banner, Your session has expired, Please sign in.  When I hit sign in on the banner, it takes me to the Hughes home portal. If I hit My Email upper right corner, it takes me back to the account I just logged out of. I do not have to enter user name or password.  😞

maratsade

that's what was happening to me too, @Oletrapper , same thing with banner and all. Not happening now, though. Weird 

Good morning folks,

I sent the screenrecording to the folks who were looking at this, that was really helpful, maratsade, thank you! I also passed along Oletrapper's latest update so they're aware it's more than one person affected, and that there was no change from the initial report. I'll keep you posted.

-Liz

Good morning Liz, 

Still having to log completely out (close browser) and enter email again. Also, when I went to this page, I did not have to login. ??  I clicked on login and it immediately took me here with no login. All email accounts were closed. How can it do that. Seems to me, anyone can get here with no login.

If I were a younger man, I could write the necessary code in EBCDIC to correct the logout problem. But then, that was decades ago. LOL

Have a great day.

OT

Good morning again Liz,

Forget the previous message regarding not having to login. Just remembered that I had not closed the browser before doing that. That means I was still logged in even though I had logged out. Related to the same logout problem. 

Have a great day.

OT

@Oletrapper wrote:

Good morning Liz, 

Still having to log completely out (close browser) and enter email again. Also, when I went to this page, I did not have to login. ??  I clicked on login and it immediately took me here with no login. All email accounts were closed. How can it do that. Seems to me, anyone can get here with no login.

If I were a younger man, I could write the necessary code in EBCDIC to correct the logout problem. But then, that was decades ago. LOL

Have a great day.

OT

Good morning again Liz,

Forget the previous message regarding not having to login. Just remembered that I had not closed the browser before doing that. That means I was still logged in even though I had logged out. Related to the same logout problem. 

Have a great day.

OT