cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email logout issue

Freshman

Re: Email logout issue

@maratsade wrote:

I hope it's the option that can be fixed more quickly, so those who use Webmail can log out fully without having to exit the browser.

Well, the problem persists. It took Tech (IT) or whoever a year and a half to fix this the last time. That was under the old email format.  When they went to the new email format, which by the way sucks, the logout problem resurfaced. I will not live with this problem much longer as they are running fiber optics in my rural area. Woooot!

Distinguished Professor III

I hope @Liz can give us an update on this. 

I wish they installed fiber in my area, but I doubt it will happen in my lifetime, as there doesn't seem to be interest from the county in improving internet access outside towns boundaries. 

@Oletrapper wrote:

Well, the problem persists. It took Tech (IT) or whoever a year and a half to fix this the last time. That was under the old email format.  When they went to the new email format, which by the way sucks, the logout problem resurfaced. I will not live with this problem much longer as they are running fiber optics in my rural area. Woooot!

No update folks, engineering is still investigating and haven't had any good news yet. I bug them every week for updates, so please be assured once I get something different I'll let you know.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Good morning folks,

I'm about to ping the team who has this case, just wanted to see if this is still an issue, correct?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Freshman

Liz, Please don't just ping.  Put your boot up someones butt!  Really doesn't matter. They don't care. Latency problems are killing HUGHES!  They don't know how to fix it. They could care less about our (my) email log out problem.  I guess it all comes down to low paid IT personal. Who knows.  To answer your question, YES, I still have the log out problem.  Thanks,  OT

Thanks for the update, Oletrapper. Rest assured I have a few higher ups cracking down on this too. I'll keep you informed as I get any news.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

-Liz

Good morning,

I appreciate everyone's patience as this issue is being addressed. Our website devs have ruled out the root cause from their end and have determined that it lies on the e-mail side of things. We are currently pending the fix from our e-mail admins. We have weekly status meetings to address concerns like these, so please rest assured we will keep pressing on this matter until we have a final answer.

Thanks,

Liz

Hello,

Thank you all for your patience while we work to address this. The e-mail admins are currently testing a potential fix for this. If it works out well, it will be released. Should I get an update on a fix release, I'll post back here.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Hello folks,

Thank you all for your patience and continued feedback on this matter. A fix was rolled out so please let me know how the logout experience is for you now. I suggest clearing your browser cache and giving it a try.

Looking forward to hearing back.

-Liz

Distinguished Professor III

No change for me. When I log out from Webmail, I get redirected to this page: https://myhughesnet.hughesnet.com/

Clicking on "My Email" takes me back to the email account, bypassing the login dialog. 

@Liz wrote:

Hello folks,

Thank you all for your patience and continued feedback on this matter. A fix was rolled out so please let me know how the logout experience is for you now. I suggest clearing your browser cache and giving it a try.

Looking forward to hearing back.

-Liz