Did you mean: 

Email logout issue

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Email logout issue

That's right -- now you get logged out of everything. 😁😁

Liz

Whew. I'm hoping that @Oletrapper can also confirm. I'll leave this thread open for the rest of the week before I close it.

Thanks, maratsade!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Oletrapper
Freshman

Nothing has changed on my end,. :-(

Log out and it just sits there

Occasionally, a banner will come up and say that your session has ended. Please log in to continue. When that happens and I click on Log In it will take me to Hughes Home portal. If I then click on My email, upper right hand corner, it will take me right back to the email I just logged out of. Email account opens up immediately. 

I am using the Firefox browser with Start Page as home screen.

I haven't tried anything on Crome.

maratsade

Liz, I can confirm what @Oletrapper experienced with Firefox. I logged in to the community, then to Webmail. Logged out of Webmail, reloaded the community and was still logged in. Clicked My Email and it took me right back to Webmail. 

With Chrome, logging out of Webmail logs me out of Webmail and the community. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

Liz, I can confirm what @Oletrapper experienced with Firefox. I logged in to the community, then to Webmail. Logged out of Webmail, reloaded the community and was still logged in. Clicked My Email and it took me right back to Webmail. 

I'm trying to see if I can replicate this in Firefox, but I have a couple of questions.  So far, here is where I am...

1.  I opened a Firefox webpage (none had previously been open), went to the Community and signed into it. 

2.  I clicked on 'My Email' on the upper right, which opened a new tab.  I was automatically signed into the webmail on that new tab.

Here're the questions...

3.  When I log out of webmail that opened in the separate tab, do I then close that tab so that the only webpage remaining open is the original one on which I'm still signed into the Community?

4.  When I reload the Community, do you mean a refresh of the page on which I had already been signed in?

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Oletrapper
Freshman

I can't answer the questions but just wanted to let you know that everything seems to be working on Crome. Using Crome browser, went to hughes.net, logged into an account, logged out and then was taken back to the hughes home portal. Hit my email and the sign in screen opened up as it should. It did not take me back to the mail I just logged out of as it does with Firefox.

maratsade

3.  When I log out of webmail that opened in the separate tab, do I then close that tab so that the only webpage remaining open is the original one on which I'm still signed into the Community?

I closed the tab. 

4.  When I reload the Community, do you mean a refresh of the page on which I had already been signed in?

I do a hard refresh (Ctrl+Shift+R)

maratsade

Yes, it seems to work on Chrome but not on Firefox. Still, it's a step in the right direction! Smiley Happy

@Oletrapper wrote:

I can't answer the questions but just wanted to let you know that everything seems to be working on Crome. Using Crome browser, went to hughes.net, logged into an account, logged out and then was taken back to the hughes home portal. Hit my email and the sign in screen opened up as it should. It did not take me back to the mail I just logged out of as it does with Firefox.

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@maratsade wrote:

I closed the tab. 

I do a hard refresh (Ctrl+Shift+R)

Thanks for the info.

After the Community page refreshed it was no longer signed in for me.  When I clicked on My Email I needed to sign in again. 

I'll try it on Chrome later to see what happens.  I want to do it when I have only those pages open and not others like I do now.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
maratsade

"After the Community page refreshed it was no longer signed in for me.  When I clicked on My Email I needed to sign in again. "

Crazy stuff.