Email logout issue

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Email logout issue

When I log out from Webmail and then log back in, I'm not asked for my crendentials again. I'm automatically logged in to the same account.  Just wanted to report that the logout is not really a logout. 

74 REPLIES 74
Liz

Hi maratsade,

Thanks for posting and sharing! Can you please detail what you clicked on and what you saw? I want to send this back to the folks who said they just updated the logout process.

Thanks!

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

maratsade

Click MY EMAIL.

email-01.png

Login.

Click "Logout" (located between Search Your Mailbox and Settings)

See the "signing out" message

email-03.png

Am redirected to https://myhughesnet.hughesnet.com/

Click Sign In/Register

email-04.png

Am taken back to the account I just logged out from, without asking for login credentials.

Note that logging out from Webmail logs me out of the community, but not Webmail. In other words, I need to input my credentials again to login to the community, but the login to Webmail bypasses credentials and logs me back in to the account I logged out of.

Thank you maratsade! So despite logging out, and seeing the orange log in button, clicking the log in button doesn't display the login page.

So you see this in the top right after clicking the orange log in button, correct? 

And then clicking MY EMAIL takes you back to webmail?

Does this persist in incognito mode or after clearing cache?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade

All of the below is in Chrome (Webmail doesn't work at all on FF for me).  

When I log out of Webmail, I'm taken to https://myhughesnet.hughesnet.com/

On https://myhughesnet.hughesnet.com/, I see this:

email-05.png

And I click Sign In/Register.  That takes me straight into Webmail bypassing the login credentials.   EDIT: clicking My Email also bypasses credentials and takes me directly to Webmail. 

I can't get Webmail to load in incognito mode.  I can go through the login process, but Webmail never loads, it just spins. 

I need to keep the cache, so can't clear it to try. 

EDIT: tried Wemail on FF's private browsing. The issue is the same. I log out, get redirected to My Hughesnet, and clicking on MY EMAIL or on SIGN IN/REGISTER takes me back to the same Webmail account, without me having to login.  So, no real logout. 

Interesting, ok thank you maratsade! I'll send this back over to our folks to address. I'll keep you posted.

-Liz

maratsade

Thank you, Liz, and no rush, as I don't use Webmail except for notifications.  I got into all this out of curiosity when soemone else posted the issue, started troubleshooting and fell into the rabbit hole. 🙂

It's all good, the faster I can get data from the customer side, the faster we can get this resolved!

-Liz

Good morning maratsade, 

Our e-mail folks are considering this resolved because they are no longer able to replicate this behavior. Are you still seeing this logout behavior now? If so, I'd love to send them a clip of it happening, at your convenience of course.

There's a free Chrome extension called Screencastify a couple of us here use to demonstrate things to engineers. You could use that or whatever screen recording tool you prefer.

If it's no longer happening, then even better and we can put this to bed. Looking forward to hearing back!

-Liz

GabeU

@Liz 

Not to muddle this thread up with unrelated talk, but that Screencastify extension is pretty darn neat.  I've been fiddling with it for the last half hour or so.  1080p files are HUGE, but 720p, which is good enough for most things, isn't too bad.  24.4MB for a 50 second 1080p file vs 4.77MB for a 38 second 720p file.  That's a big difference if you need to upload a recording.

A couple of months back I was scouring extensions and programs for something to record my screen, and this is, by far, the easiest I've found. 

Again, I didn't mean to muddle this thread up with non email logout talk, but that extension is too good to not acknowledge.

maratsade

I haven't checked recently, but I'll give it a go and see if I can screencast it. 

@Liz wrote:

Good morning maratsade, 

Our e-mail folks are considering this resolved because they are no longer able to replicate this behavior. Are you still seeing this logout behavior now? If so, I'd love to send them a clip of it happening, at your convenience of course.

There's a free Chrome extension called Screencastify a couple of us here use to demonstrate things to engineers. You could use that or whatever screen recording tool you prefer.

If it's no longer happening, then even better and we can put this to bed. Looking forward to hearing back!

-Liz

maratsade

@Liz , I sent a PM with the URL to the screencast.

EDIT:  I thought the problem might have something to do with browser add-ons, so I tried Webmail using Edge, which I keep completely clean (no modifications of any kind).  I was able to replicate the issue with Edge too. 

@maratsade wrote:

Thank you, Liz, and no rush, as I don't use Webmail except for notifications.  I got into all this out of curiosity when soemone else posted the issue, started troubleshooting and fell into the rabbit hole. 🙂

Probably my rabbit hole. 🙂  Not fixed on this end. Tech puts things to bed that they can't fix!

maratsade

LOL. Yes, I think so! 

And don't worry about the screencast. I sent one in today and I hope that's enough to show that the problem is still happening.  

@Oletrapper wrote:

Probably my rabbit hole. 🙂  Not fixed on this end. Tech puts things to bed that they can't fix!

Good morning folks,

I'm about to ping the team who has this case, just wanted to see if this is still an issue, correct?

-Liz

Liz, Please don't just ping.  Put your boot up someones butt!  Really doesn't matter. They don't care. Latency problems are killing HUGHES!  They don't know how to fix it. They could care less about our (my) email log out problem.  I guess it all comes down to low paid IT personal. Who knows.  To answer your question, YES, I still have the log out problem.  Thanks,  OT

Hello,

Thank you all for your patience while we work to address this. The e-mail admins are currently testing a potential fix for this. If it works out well, it will be released. Should I get an update on a fix release, I'll post back here.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Oletrapper
Freshman

I'm still having the same problem.  Under the old email system when I logged out screen would just sit there and after awhile the message "Please close your browser" would appear.

It took tech (IT) a year and a half to fix that problem.

Now they have gone to a new "Email format" and the old problem is back with the exception that no message appears. Screen,system just sits there. Nothing. I am not sent back to the hughes portal.  If I click on logout again. A message appears that says "Your session has ended, please log in."  If I click on log in in the message I am taken to the hughes portal with "Login" button on upper right screen. When I click on that, I am taken back to the email I just logged out of.

I can't understand why they can't fix this. I am now required to close down (leave Firefox) browser and go back in and enter a new email address. Same problem as old email system.

maratsade

Could you do a screenast too?  This might be helpful. 

@maratsade wrote:

Could you do a screenast too?  This might be helpful. 

I would if I knew how. At age 77, I am not a computer wiz.

Hello folks,

Thank you for your patience while our email team worked to resolve this. A fix was rolled out to address the logout issue. If you're still experiencing this, please let me know. If you have screenshots, even better!

Thanks,

Liz