cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email migrated was misspelled I need help to get my original email name back

Highlighted
New Poster

Email migrated was misspelled I need help to get my original email name back

I was having problems sending emails to a potential new employer and they never received what I sent. I sent the attachments and they showed sent. After multiple days and hours the rep said the email was lngtm and I said no, it is captial Lngtm and she told me that "NO one in the world" could ever have an email with a capital letter.  I am furious and exhauset after many hours and the first thing they say is no emal can have a capital letter in the address.  My problem is that the email I send does not get delivered and I never receive a error when I send them.  When people send them they show sent but I do not receive them. I realized that the email was not syncing and tried to redo and it kept saying my user id was wrong or my password.  Finally I got found about the lngtm as opposed to Lngtm so I put it in and got my old emails but cannot send or receive any emails sent to or from the Lngtm.  This happened once before and they fixed it.  This time they said they cannot change back to my Lngtm email address.

I am furious and heart sick I more than likely did not get the job that I was offered because I was sending the applications and acceptance and unaware they did not get them.  They said they wrote back but I did not receive their emails.  PLEASES HELP ME.   I am just sick about this.

How can I get them to migrate the Lngtm and bring it up as Lngtm instead of lngtm?  Please advise I have spent hours on the phone, email, and chats.  I a

5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Email migrated was misspelled I need help to get my original email name back

Email addresses are 100% case insensitive. There's no difference between Lngtm@hughes.net and lngtm@hughes.net, unless someone mistook a capital 'i' or the number '1' instead of a small 'L'.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: Email migrated was misspelled I need help to get my original email name back

@Hooty 

Though this isn't going to fix your current issue or undo the problem(s) caused by it, you may want to consider getting an email account from Gmail, Yahoo! Mail, Outlook or some other longtime free email service.  That's not to say that there's anything wrong with HughesNet's email, but only that those free email services have been around a long time and tend to be very reliable.  You can also take those email accounts with you, so to speak, if/when you move on from HughesNet, which you can't do with HughesNet's email.

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Hooty,

I see it's your first time posting. Welcome to the community! I'm going to go ahead and get this escalated, and I'll get back with you once I get a response from our email team.

Thanks,

Remy

Highlighted
New Poster

Thank you.
I have had this email for about 10 years. As difficult as it may be I do believe that in the future I will open another email.
For now I really need to be able to send and receive emails and have emails that are being lost restored.
Many THANKS.
Highlighted

Hooty,

From the information I've gotten, it seems there's only been one email on your account. Our escalation team was unable to find anything in regards to separated accounts, or anything of the sort. As Mark stated, emails aren't case sensitive, so it wouldn't matter whether the L in Lngtm@hughes.net was capitalized or not, as both the upper case and lower case L would work for the same email address. They're still looking into the issue you're having with sending and receiving emails. Please let us know if you have any more questions!

Thanks,

Remy