Email service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Merlin1
Freshman

Email service

been having problems with my email from hughesnet It take forever to receive an email! like today i have been waiting for close to two hours for some important documents and still i have not gotten them!! also there are time when i get an error message that email failed to connect and ask for me to check user name and password then says hughesnet rejected my login info? any help?? Bill
23 REPLIES 23
Merlin1
Freshman

Well called hughesnet tech line today went through all the settings and everything is correct! same with my cell phone app settings! Hughesnet said it was an issue with outlook itself, get transferred to a different tech, gone through the settings again! was told it is a problem with hughesnet! called hughenet again as soon as i said my email stopped working the guy hung up on me???#*($?? this has happened before, can not connect to hughenet email service, but it usually starts working within an hour. not this time email still not working i can get email from gmail and yahoo mail but not from my main hughesnet account! internet is working i am posting here? so is hughesnet having a problem today??
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

I hope one of the HN reps here can weigh in on this so you can have an accurate answer.  

So do i I am calling hughesnet again but no one is picking up !! i really really need the documents that were emailed to me today

Well no One from phone tech seem to be able to figure this out!! it is like 15 years we or i have had this email account and poof it got lost in SPACE?????? i can not even tell if someone replies to this post as the box to the right says email me when someone replies
maratsade

The reps on this site have a direct line to the techs, so they can send your case to them. Hopefully they will reply tomorrow.  Were you given any case numbers? 

Sueshu

I've been receiving emails but I'm unable to send. Message says no network connection but I'm able to load web pages and as I said am receiving emails.
maratsade

If you would like to get assistance from the HN reps here, you will need to open your own ticket separately. To do so, go to the main Tech Support page and click "start a topic." You can copy and paste what you have here. 

Sueshu wrote:
I've been receiving emails but I'm unable to send. Message says no network connection but I'm able to load web pages and as I said am receiving emails.

i can surf the web i can use windows 10 mail app to get yahoo and gmail email it all work just fine!! i use microsoft outlook only for my hughes net email only!!! i just trust hughes net for my personal email for shopping and my concordance with people!! when someone gets this email to spam me with ads i opt out of them as fast as i can!! that is as soon as i get them!!!! All my junk email i know i am going to get i use yahoo mail!!! YES i am PICKY!!!! Yes i did get a ref# i forgot to add the to where you sent me so now i get to go back and add 1 more post

i did just open one thread then you said maratsade maratsade Distinguished Professor III yesterday Re: Email service If you would like to get assistance from the HN reps here, you will need to open your own ticket separately. To do so, go to the main Tech Support page and click "start a topic." You can copy and paste what you have here. Sueshu wrote: I've been receiving emails but I'm unable to send. Message says no network connection but I'm able to load web pages and as I said am receiving emails.

he was talking to the person who jumped in on your thread.

also, just a thought, but if you are still having a problem with mail.hughes.net, try changing it to email.highes.net in your email client.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

yes i just tried that and the same thing! changed the ports numbers from 110 to whats posted and the same thing!! thinking this is on my end? I did a system restore in windows 10 back 2 days ago. That did not help!! i had my son try to log into my email from his place using Xfinity wifi and he gets the same thing cannot login! so some how my email got closed by hughesnet?? but know one knows whats going on or what happen or how to fix it! spent close to or over 2 hours on the phone with hughes net mostly on hold so they could LOOK INTO IT??

@Merlin1,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I have consolidated your two threads. I am sorry to hear that you have been dealing with this issue and we would really like to get your email back up and working. The case number you provided links me to an open escalated case. This is where our advanced technical support team looks into your issue and performs advanced remote troubleshooting. It appears that the case is still in an investigation status which means that the department will be reaching out to you soon with an update/resolution. Since I am not a member of the advanced technical support team, I cannot perform this type of troubleshooting myself, however, I can relay any information from the notes that are being updated. From what I can see, it appears they are currently attempting to switch your email account status from closed to active. I believe this request can only be done manually by moderators above the advanced technical support team. Once this is complete, they will reach out with any further instructions. I want to apologize for any inconvenience this has caused but I have confidence that your situation will be resolved shortly. If any details in the notes arise as to why this happened in the first place, I will relay that information as well.   

-Damian     

I Honestly do not know what to say!! we have been hughes net customers for a long time now i think since back in 2002??? there was one year or so we had to cancel service because are kids at the time were having problems online (not hughesnets fault!) But then started service again this time my wife wanted the internet back but i stuck to my word for punishment for what the kids did online! So that account was in my wife's name and her credit card!! Fast forward till what two years ago 2 year contract?? are payment with this gen 5 service was $59.99 a month and last month it went up to $69.99 a month!! so are old service was only 200 megs per 24 hours and the boy's could burn that up in 10 minutes after school!! so we tried to upgrade are plan!!! hughesnet said we could not upgrade!! the only way we could upgrade was to get a new gen 5 system!!! But then my wife wanted to get rid of her credit card!! and she wanted off of hughesnet period. she wanted to close that credit card and have no more credit cards!! so i had to supply my credit card and changed this account into my name and my credit card!! We had a very big problem with hughes net over this!!! my wife had told hughes net over and over and over on the phone that i had control over this hughes net internet service but you would not listen!! we then got a hold of a person from??? that spoke English and knew what we wanted to do we were sent the form to change the account! put this account in my name and my credit card!! i asked hughenet i needed to keep my current email at that time witch is the same email i am having problems with now! The man back then said he got everything cleared up!! the account is in my name and on my credit card!! so for two years not a problem not that 2 year contract is up and are payment went up to $69.99 ( I am Not Complaining about the extra $10.00) then poof email is gone?? Right when i was dealing with are insurance company with the forest fire damage to are house from the Oregon forest fires we had!! every correspondence i had dealing with all this in emails the forms and info and cleaning companies through email I CAN NOT GET RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!! NO EMAIL!!! You said The case number you provided links me to an open escalated case. ?????? what ESCALATED CASE????? I did not know nothing was wrong!!! Hughes net has never sent me an email or a phone call about ANY PROBLEMS!!!! OR ANY KING OF MISUSE!!!!!! i do not spam email!!!! i do do night time downloads for the audio book club i belong to but that is only from 3am to 6am!! and i do not use it that much no more!!! So i do not know why you HUGHESNET are saying links me to an open escalated case.!!!! we have never gone over are usage!!! We do not HORDE YOUR INTERNET SERVICE!!!! This account is suppose to be in my name but it is still in my wife's name!! WHY is that?? this was supposed to have been dealt with 2 years ago!! when i try to log into this site none of my user names i used here work and none of the passwords i used work either!!! why?? All of this too was supposed to have been dealt with 2 years ago!!! for me to login in here i have to use the login using google account!! why this works i do not know or i do not remember setting it up that way??!!!!!???### At this point all i want is #1 get my EMAIL BACK PLEASE!!!!!!! Most of ALL PLEASE!!!! #2 get this account finally straighten out!!! #3 get my login to this forum CORRECTED PLEASE #4 PLEASE tell me what WE DID to GET THIS "The case number you provided links me to an open escalated case."""" I am trying not to sound mean or nasty!!!!! it is just frustrating this is happening!!! and not knowing WHY!!!!!! Bill
GabeU

@Merlin1 wrote:
#4 PLEASE tell me what WE DID to GET THIS "The case number you provided links me to an open escalated case." 

It was likely the reply you gave that had a reference number.  

This reply.  

Well it has been what over three days to figure out what has happened to my email account!! I call hughes net and all I get is this account has been escalated we can't talk to you!!! and then the conversation END"S!!! they say tech support will call you!!!! I REALLY REALLY would like to know what happened or what I or WE DID to to get my email account shut down?? just about the only things i use my hughes net email for is fly fishing shops, amazon, ebay, newegg, state farm, and a few other online stores, and my doctors office!!!! As for me i just use this account for info and shopping, and some audiobooks!! we do not go over are usage limit we do not steam video's or play online games!! So it is a fair and honest QUESTION What happened to my email account and what the heck is escalated account mean?????????? Can anyone answer this question or will you??? Bill
maratsade

Bill,

Escalated means it's been kicked up the food chain to techs who can actually do something about the problem, like fix it.  The phone reps can troubleshoot and fix some minor things, but they don't have the authority or access to fix something like your problem.  

You haven't done anything to cause this -- technical issues happen whether we do something or not. 

Unfortunately it can take a long time to get these problems fixed.  I hope you get some resolution this coming week. 

Merlin1 wrote:
Well it has been what over three days to figure out what has happened to my email account!! I call hughes net and all I get is this account has been escalated we can't talk to you!!! and then the conversation END"S!!! they say tech support will call you!!!! I REALLY REALLY would like to know what happened or what I or WE DID to to get my email account shut down?? just about the only things i use my hughes net email for is fly fishing shops, amazon, ebay, newegg, state farm, and a few other online stores, and my doctors office!!!! As for me i just use this account for info and shopping, and some audiobooks!! we do not go over are usage limit we do not steam video's or play online games!! So it is a fair and honest QUESTION What happened to my email account and what the heck is escalated account mean?????????? Can anyone answer this question or will you??? Bill

I am SORRY for my post!! i am dealing with the damage to are home from the Beachi Creek fire here in Oregon $57,000 in damage $29,000 in things that have to be replaced! i Have two kids and a granddaughter that are displaced! they can stay here from the damage! My wife and i have had to clean part of the house so we can stay here to protect this place! Thanks to a crappy bully neighbor!!! then i have to have major surgery here in two weeks! Trying to get thing done is impossible and in the middle of all this with the forms that were sent to my email account i get two of them before my email goes POOOOFFFFF GGGOOOONNNNEEE STRESS LEVEL HIGH critical mass achieved!!! the only thing i have had for peace is this dam computer!!! i have guarded my hughes net email the best i can do!! i have not been able to work or do much of nothing for a year!! then all this happens!! dealing with it all. So hughesnet could not have picked a better time!!!!!!!
maratsade

Bill, you have nothing to be sorry for; you're dealing with multiple tragedies at the moment and I believe you when you say your stress is high. 

Can you phone the insurance company and ask them to send the forms to another email address?  The insurance agents have ways to verify it's you who's calling, and hopefully the will understand that you're dealing with an email issue that hasn't been resolved. 

Yes i have done that on the insurance side!! The problem is with everyone or most to try to change accounts for email they most send a conformation email to my hughesnet email i can not get to!!! i got a new hughesnet email or it is new to me i think it was setup when we switched to this gen 5 system i bought. I could not get this email address to load in microsoft outlook spent close to three days trying to figure it out!! thinking maybe i got a virus or a worm on my computer i formatted my pc and installed everything fresh new install!! finally i got it to work!!! But now i do not TRUST hughesnet EMAIL SERVICE!!! SORRY i trust gmail and yahoo even less When you trust a company for what 15 to 18 years and something like this happens would you trust them??? most of my accounts i have had to call and got through the hassle over the phone!!! Since everything is done online now or most of it!! you can change or add a new email account but that conformation is sent to your POOOFFF GGOOONNEE email account to confirm the changes made, You see the loop in this scenario??? as for my insurance online dashboard i have to use the email that was registered when i had to setup the online account, so when i try to log on they send a code to my email to make sure i am the right person!!! so i cant change that account ""the most need one""!!! the people you talk to on the phone do not know how to change this email foul up!!
maratsade

It's enough to drive a person crazy.  I hope the reps on this site are able to get you sorted out so you can get the insurance issue sorted out.