cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email stopped working from home (Hughesnet broadband), works everywhere else

Email stopped working from home (Hughesnet broadband), works everywhere else

Last night my email stopped working. I spent 30 minutes on the phone with GoDaddy, and about two hours today with Apple. Then I took my laptop to a friend's house. Lo and behold, email works over there. What setting in Hughesnet is stopping it from working?
20 REPLIES 20

Re: Email stopped working from home (Hughesnet broadband), works everywhere else

May be port setting try 995 if it is different it worked for my gmail and 1&1 accounts

Re: Email stopped working from home (Hughesnet broadband), works everywhere else

Thanks for your reply. It's already set to 995. 
Assistant Professor

What email service are we talking about? Hughesnet, GoDaddy, others? What client are you using or just browser? Using an Apple device, which one?

Don't know if this helps: https://www.godaddy.com/help/finding-your-email-settings-with-the-email-setup-center-6949
Spectator

I've been having the same issues for the past 3 days. I had to go to webmail to delete unwanted emails because it will not load into my email program.
Spectator

Also, since the time change, my daily allowance on the HN9000 keeps draining. I have used 3 tokens (if I remember correctly) & they have been gone in no time at all & no one was home to use when I used the token restore.

There needs to be a common denominator what client is being and what OS for starters we know Hank uses a Mac so Kinberly what OS and what clients are you two using.
Junior

Hi Hank,

I am using OS X and the included mail program set to use both Yahoo and iCloud accounts. On occasion there is a significant delay caused by the mail server but essentially mail works quite well. There have been times that I have had to force mail to quit but most problems arise when deleting large numbers of emails such as bulk and trash. If you close the email application before giving it time to update the mail server it commonly behaves like you've described. The time necessary varies with your speed at the time you are accessing the mail server, peak vs. off-peak.
Hope this helps!

Don  Smiley Happy

Hi folks!

We've been seeing some reports of HughesNet e-mail not working for some. Go ahead and reboot your HughesNet modem, this usually resolves the issue. For good measure, please also clear your DNS cache. Here's how to do that: https://www.whatsmydns.net/flush-dns.html

If you're still having any difficulty, let us know.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Thanks, but that's not the problem I'm having.