cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Email stopped working from home (Hughesnet broadband), works everywhere else

Re: Email stopped working from home (Hughesnet broadband), works everywhere else

That didn't clear it up. Only iCloud is working, not my regular email. But that works when I'm at another location, so it must still be Hughesnet related. I haven't had time to call tech support. Maybe in a few days.

Re: Email stopped working from home (Hughesnet broadband), works everywhere else

Thanks for posting back, Hank.

To be clear, are you able to access your HughesNet e-mail account via webmail here?: http://home.myhughesnet.com/ We want to eliminate any third-party e-mail clients from the equation so we know where to focus our efforts.

Please also post your HughesNet modem's serial number (located in the back or bottom) so we can pull up your account and investigate further.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

I spoke too soon. It appears to be working now, Maybe it took a while to clear the dos cache. Thanks for your help!

Sweet! Glad to hear it's working for you! Enjoy the rest of your day, Hank. Smiley Happy

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Kimberly, 

Please try my suggestion below to reboot the modem and clear the DNS cache. Let me know if you're able to access your HughesNet e-mail afterwards.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Spectator

Gary... OS... Win XP Pro SP 3, Browser... Google Chrome, Client... Incredimail

I have tried to re-install all email accounts and still no access. I chatted with Customer Support & did everything they told me to do but that didn't work either. Told me to contact Incredimail. Now I'm just waiting to hear from them.

Liz... I will give that a try right now.
Spectator

Well, the 1st time, it quit after 5 min. Redid the flush dns & restarted modem & it seems to be working now.

Now to figure out what is draining my daily allowance with the HN9000. I shut down everything that uses the internet at 7 AM and by 8 AM it's all gone. Both the kids are in bed sleeping for work tonight & hubby is at work. So can't figure out what is draining it & this has been going on since DST time change.

Is your WiFi network locked and password protected. Possibly one of your neighbors is stealing bandwidth.

Thanks for your help, Liz.  Now if we can find out why Kimberly's bandwidth is being drained, all will be rosy in Hooville.

Good morning Kimberly,

Thanks for confirming that the reboot and DNS flush resolved your e-mail concern. 

Regarding your unidentified data usage concerns, please read the information here and follow the instructions: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/wheres-my-bytes-how-to-test-for-data-leaks

Then you may create a new thread of your own to post your screenshots.

Your cooperation and patience are greatly appreciated. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz