cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails Sent to AOL Users from Hughes Email Bounce Back

Emails Sent to AOL Users from Hughes Email Bounce Back

Looks like many others have also had this problem. Hughes engineers need to contact AOL engineers to resolve this. I had same problem over a month ago then it seemed to clear up. But last week emails to all AOL users were again undeliverable. Very frustrating, especially not knowing when the problem will occur. Reported problem (#46458066) but have not gotten response nor resolution.
2 REPLIES 2

Re: Emails Sent to AOL Users from Hughes Email Bounce Back

What I am quite certain is happening is simply someone@Hughes.net sent a bunch of emails to AOL addresses which caused AOL email servers to block, at least, the shared IP address from HN if not the whole hughes.net domain.

This happens from time-to-time as the automatons the email providers use to spot spam (still a huge problem for them and not so any more for us users) are not perfect and start rejecting legitimate email traffic.

I have had aol.com and hughes.net email for many years and these problems tend to arise (thankfully only) a couple times a year, and if you just wait them out the email starts working again. Complaining to either is not likely to result in meaningful action as at least Hughes subcontracts-out its email to another provider. I dunno anymore about AOL.

I think the lesson to be learned is that if you live & die by email, e.g. you have a critical business function that relies on it, you do NOT depend on either aol.com *or* hughes.net as your providers.

Re: Emails Sent to AOL Users from Hughes Email Bounce Back

Hello Sue,

I am sorry this is happening again! If you have the header information for the bounce-back email, could you send us that information to communitysupport@hughes.com? We can forward it off to our e-mail team to take a look and see what can be done.

Thank you
Amanda