Emails rejected

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GW4
New Poster

Emails rejected

I have had problems since I got hughes.net with some emails I send not going through.  However, this time I received this message back when an email I sent bounced.

This message was created automatically by the mail system (ecelerity).

A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

>>> lvwasson@hotmail.com (after MAIL FROM): 550 5.7.1 Unfortunately,
>>> messages from [69.168.97.48] weren't sent. Please contact your
>>> Internet service provider since part of their network is on our
>>> block list (S3150). You can also refer your provider to
>>> http://mail.live.com/mail/troubleshooting.aspx#errors.
>>> [VI1EUR05FT033.eop-eur05.prod.protection.outlook.com]

I tried to handle this by calling customer service but the person couldn't seem to grasp what I was telling him and then we were disconnected. This email leads me to believe that my internet service provider has some how been blocked.

18 REPLIES 18
MarkJFine
Professor

Looks like 69.168.97.48 is back on the SBLs:

dnsbl-1.uceprotect.net FAIL
dnsbl.sorbs.net FAIL
opm.tornevall.org FAIL
spam.dnsbl.sorbs.net FAIL
spam.spamrats.com FAIL

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Hi GW4,

Can you please check if the issue persists now? The recipient might need to check their spam/junk folder.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

GW4
New Poster

I tried to send two emails to a hotmail account.  They have been sitting in my outbox for about 30 minutes and wont go.  I don't know if this is the same issue or if now my SMTP is wrong.

Good morning GW4, 

Thank you for this update. Since you're wondering if your SMTP is wrong, does that mean you've changed any e-mail settings this week?

Before reporting this concern here, did you also experience your outbound e-mail sitting in the outbox for a long time and not doing anything?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

GW4
New Poster

We did change the STMP to a stting I had been given by the technician when I origionally had Hughes Net set up.  Somewhere over time it had changed to something else so when tryign to solve this problem ourselves, we tried the origional setting.  When that didn't work, we changed it back to the one it had when this problem started.  However, now no emails are going out no matter which STMP we use.  The emails sit in the outbox doing noting and when we try to send I get a notice that the action timed out because the outgoing server is not responding

Good morning GW4,

Thanks for the clarification, please try these settings and let me know if it makes a difference:

Outbound Server: email.hughes.net

Port 587

SSL Authentication required

Thanks,

Liz

GW4
New Poster

Tried 587 and still doesn't work.  If I check SSL Authentication Required it says SSL Authentication is not supported.  If I try it without checking that box, it says it has timed out while waitng for a response from the server.

Good morning GW4,

Thank you for that clarification. Can you please screenshot your e-mail settings for me? If there's personal information in there, you may send it via private message.

You're using Outlook, correct?

-Liz

Hmmm. Not to contradict, but in Outlook I have the following working:

Incoming: mail.hughes.net, port 995, use SSL to connect (recommended)

Outgoing: smtp.hughes.net, port 465, use SSL to connect (recommended)

More outgoing options: Authentication - Use Incoming server info.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GW4
New Poster

[removed for privacy]

@GW4 wrote:

<image removed>

Check those two boxes that say "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)"
If the port numbers dont change from 110 and 587 to 995 and 465 respectively, manually change them.

Then click Ok. You should be good to go.

Good morning GW4, 

Did Mark's suggestions help?

-Liz

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@GW4 

For safety and security's sake, I would edit the email address out of your pic.  You can edit your post by clicking on the three vertical dots to the upper right of the message body.

@MarkJFine

GW4
New Poster

Yes, using Outlook.  I sent a screenshot in seperate reply

Good morning GW4,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi Mark,

email.hughes.net is a newer outbound server so it should definitely work, and we just want to make sure no one is still using part 25 since we blocked that years ago.

-Liz

@Liz wrote:

email.hughes.net is a newer outbound server so it should definitely work, and we just want to make sure no one is still using part 25 since we blocked that years ago.

Ah... makes sense. Thanks.

Liz

Hi GW4,

I see it's your first post here, so welcome to the community! Thank you for providing these details, this helps. I've escalated this and will post back once I have any updates to share.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz