Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails rejected

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Re: Emails rejected

Hmmm. Not to contradict, but in Outlook I have the following working:

Incoming: mail.hughes.net, port 995, use SSL to connect (recommended)

Outgoing: smtp.hughes.net, port 465, use SSL to connect (recommended)

More outgoing options: Authentication - Use Incoming server info.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

Hi Mark,

email.hughes.net is a newer outbound server so it should definitely work, and we just want to make sure no one is still using part 25 since we blocked that years ago.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

@Liz wrote:

email.hughes.net is a newer outbound server so it should definitely work, and we just want to make sure no one is still using part 25 since we blocked that years ago.

Ah... makes sense. Thanks.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted
New Poster

[removed for privacy]

Highlighted
New Poster

Yes, using Outlook.  I sent a screenshot in seperate reply

Highlighted
Associate Professor

@GW4 wrote:

<image removed>

Check those two boxes that say "This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL)"
If the port numbers dont change from 110 and 587 to 995 and 465 respectively, manually change them.

Then click Ok. You should be good to go.

Highlighted

Good morning GW4, 

Did Mark's suggestions help?

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

@GW4 

For safety and security's sake, I would edit the email address out of your pic.  You can edit your post by clicking on the three vertical dots to the upper right of the message body.

@MarkJFine

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted

Good morning GW4,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz