Emails won't send out

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ilovemyhorses
Freshman

Emails won't send out

Can anyone tell me why I can recieve emails but can't send any out?
34 REPLIES 34
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Are you using HughesNet Webmail or something else? Do you get an error when trying to send emails? 

I used hughesnet webmail. It just says couldn't send and moves it to my outbox.
maratsade

Thank you for the clarification; I thought you probably meant HN Webmail but wanted to be sure.  Several people have posted issues with HN Webmail, and the techs are working on it. The reps may reply to you this coming week if they need more info regarding your specific issue. 

Ilovemyhorses wrote:
I used hughesnet webmail. It just says couldn't send and moves it to my outbox.

What happens when you kill your browser and go directly to https://email.hughes.net?

There seems to be a problem with the way the login is routing to webmail, so it may help to clear your browser cache and cookies first.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Well I use the app on my phone. I rarely ever break out my laptop. I cleared everything n nothing. I even unplugged my box for a bit and nothin. Yes, I have the Gen5. My email hasn't been sendin out since about Thursday that I know of. I wish they would hurry up n fix whatever is goin on.

"app on my phone" isn't web mail. Double check your settings, they should be as follows:

Incoming mail settings:

server: mail.hughes.net

port: 995

"Use SSL" should be checked

authentication should also be set to your username and password.

Outgoing mail settings:
server: smtp.hughes.net
port: 465

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Thank u. All of it is n has been set that way. I guessing it's the tech thing u mentioned earlier.

Im having same issue.....

maratsade

Techs are working on email issue. It can take time to identify the problem and fix it, so it may be a while. 

kjf wrote:

It's been 2 weeks since I have been able to sign on to my email account. Who can I cantact with ability to 'fiox' the problem?

Robert E Cole

SAN: DSS30326515

11/15/2020

Phone call: 133971972

@maratsade wrote:

Techs are working on email issue. It can take time to identify the problem and fix it, so it may be a while. 

kjf wrote:

For several months I have been having the problem with emails receiving ok but could not send out. Last month they changed from Senacor to Zimbra which is more secure. Your suggestion to change incoming port to 995 and outgoing port to 465 and checking the "use SSL" worked.

I tried that suggestion days ago and it still isn't workin. I'm not very knowledgeable in the lingo department but feel fairly good at technology. I mainly use my android for checkin or sendin email. But I'm like u. I have always recieved them fine but for the past few months it has been iffy on sendin them. They completely stopped sendin a couple weeks ago. But I tried changing those things that were mentioned and it still did not work. How do u check ur email? Smart phone or computer?

Can anyone tell me why I can 't recieve emails,  can't send any out, or sign into my account, rec2@hughes.net, using Firefox brpwser.

maratsade

Are you able to  you login using a different browser?

rec2 wrote:

Can anyone tell me why I can 't recieve emails,  can't send any out, or sign into my account, rec2@hughes.net, using Firefox brpwser.

I've spent most of today trying to get an answer, some have said they were going to call back, some have said contact Microsoft and connnected me to them, no one knew what "smtp.hughes.net" or what port should be anything. Just got off the phone and new response is working on it try back in an hour. HAHAHA

I haven't been able to send since November 3rd. Stopped receiving this afternoon.  Hmph.

C'mon people.

P.S. I was previously told port 25 and port 110 with no SSL, did that change?

maratsade

They are aware of the issue and working on it. Guesswork will not fix the issue; it makes sense to wait until the issue is fixed. 

@Scooter 

Incoming mail settings:

server: mail.hughes.net

port: 995

Outgoing mail settings:
server: smtp.hughes.net
port: 465

What clarification????

maratsade

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean. 

rec2 wrote:

What clarification????

rec2
Spectator

CAN'T RECEIVE OR SEND EMAILS AS i CAN'T SIGN IN TO MY ACCOUNT AT HUGHES.NET.

11/15/2020

ROBERT E COLE

B1-368282382

PLEASE REFUND MY $$ FROM ACCESS TIME LOST