cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails won't send out

rec2
Spectator

Re: Emails won't send out

It's been 2 weeks since I have been able to sign on to my email account. Who can I cantact with ability to 'fiox' the problem?

Robert E Cole

SAN: DSS30326515

11/15/2020

Phone call: 133971972

@maratsade wrote:

Techs are working on email issue. It can take time to identify the problem and fix it, so it may be a while. 

kjf wrote:

Im having same issue.....

rec2
Spectator

CAN'T RECEIVE OR SEND EMAILS AS i CAN'T SIGN IN TO MY ACCOUNT AT HUGHES.NET.

11/15/2020

ROBERT E COLE

B1-368282382

PLEASE REFUND MY $$ FROM ACCESS TIME LOST

rec2
Spectator

Can anyone tell me why I can 't recieve emails,  can't send any out, or sign into my account, rec2@hughes.net, using Firefox brpwser.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Robert, you should remove your personal and account information from this public site -- the HughesNet reps on the site can retrieve the information from your account or can request it privately if they need to.  

The techs are working on the email issue -- unfortunately, it takes however long it takes, and they're the ones who will fix it.  

The reps will be back tomorrow and hopefully they will have an update on the email issue. 

rec2
Spectator

What clarification????

maratsade

I'm sorry, I don't know what you mean. 

rec2 wrote:

What clarification????

maratsade

Are you able to  you login using a different browser?

rec2 wrote:

Can anyone tell me why I can 't recieve emails,  can't send any out, or sign into my account, rec2@hughes.net, using Firefox brpwser.

Scooter
Freshman

I've spent most of today trying to get an answer, some have said they were going to call back, some have said contact Microsoft and connnected me to them, no one knew what "smtp.hughes.net" or what port should be anything. Just got off the phone and new response is working on it try back in an hour. HAHAHA

I haven't been able to send since November 3rd. Stopped receiving this afternoon.  Hmph.

C'mon people.

P.S. I was previously told port 25 and port 110 with no SSL, did that change?

maratsade

They are aware of the issue and working on it. Guesswork will not fix the issue; it makes sense to wait until the issue is fixed. 

MarkJFine
Associate Professor

@Scooter 

Incoming mail settings:

server: mail.hughes.net

port: 995

"Use SSL" should be checked

authentication should also be set to your username and password.

Outgoing mail settings:
server: smtp.hughes.net
port: 465

"Use SSL" should be checked

authentication should also be set to your username and password.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.