cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails won't send out

Freshman

Emails won't send out

Can anyone tell me why I can recieve emails but can't send any out?
34 REPLIES 34
Distinguished Professor III

Re: Emails won't send out

Are you using HughesNet Webmail or something else? Do you get an error when trying to send emails? 

Freshman

I used hughesnet webmail. It just says couldn't send and moves it to my outbox.

Thank you for the clarification; I thought you probably meant HN Webmail but wanted to be sure.  Several people have posted issues with HN Webmail, and the techs are working on it. The reps may reply to you this coming week if they need more info regarding your specific issue. 

Ilovemyhorses wrote:
I used hughesnet webmail. It just says couldn't send and moves it to my outbox.

Associate Professor

What happens when you kill your browser and go directly to https://email.hughes.net?

There seems to be a problem with the way the login is routing to webmail, so it may help to clear your browser cache and cookies first.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Freshman

Well I use the app on my phone. I rarely ever break out my laptop. I cleared everything n nothing. I even unplugged my box for a bit and nothin. Yes, I have the Gen5. My email hasn't been sendin out since about Thursday that I know of. I wish they would hurry up n fix whatever is goin on.
Associate Professor

"app on my phone" isn't web mail. Double check your settings, they should be as follows:

Incoming mail settings:

server: mail.hughes.net

port: 995

"Use SSL" should be checked

authentication should also be set to your username and password.

Outgoing mail settings:
server: smtp.hughes.net
port: 465

"Use SSL" should be checked

authentication should also be set to your username and password.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Freshman

Thank u. All of it is n has been set that way. I guessing it's the tech thing u mentioned earlier.
New Poster

Im having same issue.....

Techs are working on email issue. It can take time to identify the problem and fix it, so it may be a while. 

kjf wrote:

Im having same issue.....