cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Erratic download speeds

Distinguished Professor I

Re: Erratic download speeds

Awesome, thanks. (ETA: you should post the link to all your results (http://testmy.net/quickstats/lothar0) instead of links to individual tests.  Makes more sense and gives a better sense of the big picture).

Associate Professor

@C0RR0SIVE wrote:

He did, in his original post...

Yes, indeed.  I just thought it'd be more organized for him to post the link to all the results every time he posts a link.  This is probably just me, but I think links to individual results are less useful. YMMV, of course.

Freshman

I have been running and will continue to run 25mb tests every so often. These results are all available under lothar0. I posted the individual results this AM just to help show the spot results. These results are also avaiable under lothar0. They are even broken down in a table giving file size and statistics. There is more than enough information in TMN to clearly show the sorry state of this installation. My question now is - will they do anything about it before the time expires for a cancellation? I will not accept a system that operates this poorly. I've also joined several groups on Facebook and so far the comments from other users are disheartening. I think my problem, and the problem of other users, stems from a poor installation. Installers must know that antenna pointing errors will affect download or upload speeds depending on which side of the beam the misalignment occurs. I've also read about spot beam errors in installation and the fact that my gateway changed seems to indicate that possibility.

Your results are certainly less than stellar, Lothar. I do hope you find a solution to your problem. My results are also very varied but usually not as bad, though they never reach the heights other people experience.

Highlighted
Senior

Hello lothar0,

Thank you so much for posting and being proactive to log your speeds. I am going to issue a free complimentary site visit to repair your outdoor equipment and check the modem. I will send you a private message soon with more information. Thanks.

-Aedan
Associate Professor

@lothar0 wrote:

the fact that my gateway changed

Any time your modem reassociates with the Gateway Facility (which can be determined by the first 5 letters of your IPGW) your gateway can change, as well as the outroute ID.  This happens because the modem can't tell if it's a weather event, of if the actual gateway you are connected to went down, so it will try to reassociate to a different one should it lose association for any reason.