Error State Code 12.1.9

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nevisnut
Freshman

Error State Code 12.1.9

I've been a customer since September 2019. I had a tech visit on Saturday afternoon to fix my non-functioning service after 6 chats with customer support. At the time, my Satellite Signal Recieve Strength was in the low 30s on a clear day and would bounce around to as high as the 70s. He seems to have fixed that issue by physically relocating the dish and I now am at about 100 with clear skies. However, since that visit, my system has consistently been in error state code 12.1.9. Since the system was powered back on after reinstallation, error state code 12.1.9 has been present for more thatn 36% of the time. The skies are clear in my area and I still have this issue. I've had a chat window open for more than an hour currently that still has not connected to an agent, so I am trying here (in addition to emailing HughesNet). I'm at a loss. What can I do to have a functioning service? I had to pay for the service tech visit even though I'm told all equipment is under warranty. Do I have to pay again 3 days later?

3 REPLIES 3
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@nevisnut 

A 12.1.9 State Code is often seen as the result of bad weather at the gateway, but when this is the case it should clear up fairly quickly.  However, being that you're seeing this code often, bad weather at the gateway is unlikely to be the cause.

This is something the reps are going to have to help you with.  They're on M-F from approximately 9AM to 6PM EST, and they usually reply within a working day, so you should see a reply from one tomorrow.  And because they'll likely want to run remote diagnostics on your HughesNet equipment, please be sure to leave your modem plugged in during those hours.

In the meantime, if you haven't already, it may be a good idea to try power cycling your HughesNet modem.  To do so, unplug it from either the wall outlet or power pack, wait at least sixty seconds, then plug it back in.  Then, after waiting for at least five minutes, which will give the modem time to be fully back up and ready, check to see if it's working as it should be.  There's no guarantee that this will fix the problem, but a power cycle can sometimes do so.

Thanks for the reply. Interestingly, after I posted here, I noticed a reboot occurred. “Rebooted through SNMP command“, not sure what that means, but all is currently 0.0.0 and green for now.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@nevisnut 

Anything's possible.  There actually is a rep showing as online in the Community right now, and she may have seen the thread and effected a reboot.  

Hopefully it stays green across the board.  🙂