Escalating tech support

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jcmipi
Sophomore

Escalating tech support

How do I move a tech support issue beyond phone operators that have no real power to help me? I've been experiencing slow speeds, far slower than I was told when read the "contract" (which is apparently not the actual contract) I agreed to over the phone (yes, even when throttled). All tech support can do meanwhile is ask me to run speed tests over and over until I eventually get one that matches what they say I should get. (Which, again, is lower than I was ever quoted). My original consent to the agreement was recorded so this is on record, somewhere. I'd like to have a copy of that recording if I can get one.

Incidentally the terms of service on your website is quite amusing. This clause in particular:

"Stated speeds and uninterrupted use of service are not guaranteed. Actual speeds will likely be lower than speed indicated during peak hours." So inessence, the contract isn't a contract of any sort, except where it applies to the customer. Hughesnet promises absolutely nothing. But God save you if you violate your end of the alleged deal.

I also like the part of the contract that basically says I waved all legal rights, period. Has that ever actually held up in court?

6 REPLIES 6
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Posting here will connect you with Hughes employees at a higher level. They are here M-F, 9-5.  

crickets so far for me....since last friday is there someone we can contact that know's what customer service is about, or cares? 

Carmen Vitullo
GabeU

@jcmipi

You can request a review of your sales call, and if it hasn't been too long they will perform one, but you will not be supplied a copy of it.  

@Liz

@Amanda

Liz

Hi jcmipi,

I'm glad you found the community, thank you for posting.

After running and reviewing your site diagnostics, we have decided as a courtesy to dispatch a technician to do a complete review of your site due to the concerns you've been encountering. Your dispatch is currently scheduled for our earliest available slot: Thursday, Feb 1, 2018 between 08:00 AM-11:00 AM . Call us at 866.347.3292 and reference case #109192262 if you need to reschedule.

Now this site visit is to help address your slow speed concerns that you say have been going on since installation. Currently your system is subject to the Fair Access Policy because your monthly data allowance has been exceeded. However, your monthly data reset will happen before your scheduled site visit so you can evaluate performance without worrying about reduced speeds imposed by the Fair Access Policy.

You can see when your data resets in your Usage Meter, as well as use tokens you've purchased or been given by customer support. Since you're a new customer, I've sent you some free tokens to tide you over until your data reset in less than two days. You may receive an e-mailed order confirmation for the complimentary tokens.

Please let us know how the site visit goes.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

While I appreciate the gesture the speed tokens made no difference in performance. Throttled or not, at peak hours it's well below advertised speeds.

maratsade

"I also like the part of the contract that basically says I waved all legal rights, period. Has that ever actually held up in court?"

The contract states you have to use binding arbitration -- not only is this legal and has held up in court, it is in fact backed by the US Supreme Court, and it is part of many contracts now, not just with internet providers, but cell phone providers, credit card providers, and others.