Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely Slow Speeds.

Marsha389
New Poster

Re: Extremely Slow Speeds.

Liz,

Chrome Version 87.0.4280.66 (Official Build) (64-bit)

OS Build 19041.630

version 2004

Arts and culture took 25 seconds to load and finance took 30 seconds. All of the sites load piece by piece. 

These times seem kinda of slow to me, albeit it is faster than what I have been experiencing. However, I am still not capable of watching a youtube video, in any format other than 240p.  Does this seem normal? 

Thank you for looking into this.  

Liz

Thank you Marsha, this is super helpful. I'd like to escalate this to our engineers here at corporate for their insight. I'll let you know what I find out or if they have other suggestions.

Regarding YouTube, if you'd like to watch in more HD quality, you can temporarily disable the Video Data Saver. That link shows you where to do so.

It automatically sets your video to a lower quality to save data, so when you manually adjust the quality and try to watch, there will likely be buffering as there's conflict with the Video Data Saver.

Please keep in mind that watching HD videos will use your monthly data more quickly.

I'll keep you posted on what I hear back from engineering.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi Marsha,

I received your PM with your screenshot and feedback.  I also appreciate you also running a testmy.net speed test shortly after since I forgot to ask that of you, this is all really useful to the engineers. I'll send this up to get their input on your testing last Saturday evening. I'll keep you posted.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Good morning Marsha,

Thanks again for your patience while our engineers reviewed your case. They asked if you use a VPN? Also, our engineers would love to get on a call with you for live troubleshooting. Please let me know your availability so we can schedule a conference call.

Looking forward to hearing back.

-Liz

Marsha389
New Poster

Liz,

I do not use a VPN.  

My schedule is kind of hectic these days, but late afternoon or evening works best for me, possibly Friday.

Let me know 

Thanks

Liz

Thank you Marsha!

I've let the engineers know of your availability. Once I hear back, I'll let you know what works for them and hopefully they can get that troubleshooting session up and running with you. Of course if scheduling pans out, we can try for other times that work best for you. 

Edit:

Just got a reply-- is 2pm CT/3pm ET tomorrow (Friday) doable?

-Liz

Marsha389
New Poster

Liz,

I'm sorry, I did not see your post about Friday, until it was too late.

I am available all day this Friday, the 18th.

Let me know if engineering can make it.

Thanks for your help.

Liz

Wonderful! Thanks for letting me know, Marsha, I'll check what works with engineering Friday and get back to you.

-Liz

Liz

Hi Marsha,

Does 10am CT work for you this Friday?

-Liz

Marsha389
New Poster

Liz,

10 am works for me.   Will you call me? How will this work, is there anything I need to do to prepare?

Thank you