Hughesnet Community

Extremely slow connection

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Cameron Logan

Extremely slow connection

The internet speeds on my HughesNet internet are absolutely horrendous. It rarely works, and when it does, speeds are extremely slow. I dare say that it's slower then DialUp. This has been going on for over a year and I'm sick and tired of it.
7 REPLIES 7
Cameron Logan

I've used speedtest.net multiple times every few months. The website's results that you have suggested are posted. We've tried a lot, over multiple devices over the past year (smart TV, 3 laptops, 2 Macbooks, 4 cellphones, 2 Xbox 360's, and an Xbox One) and they are all super slow
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Cameron,

Open the modems internal SCC (system Control Center) and check your remaining data (FAP) status and any system condition errors by entering 192.168.0.1 into your browser.

Look at the colors of icons #1 & #2:

If you are not having any system errors and not in FAP then, as  Bill suggested, run a series of speed tests and post the results.

Hughes will only accept speed test results from two sources .....

Their own found after logging in to your dashboard:

http://supportcenter.myhughesnet.com

I would run both the Speed and the Web Response tests

Or from testmy.net:

http://testmy.net/

the 12 MB test.

Do the tests from a single directly connected computer.

Cameron Logan

We are using the HT1100
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Great!

Have you looked at the modems SCC yet for system errors and conditions ?

Are you in FAP ?

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Or be like me with a signal strength of 31 due to a layer of ice on the dish and wonder just when I'll hit "cut-off".

Anytime there appears to be a service issue a user should check the SCC first for clues ....

It can save a lot of time and frustration.

Chris11
Alum

Hi Cameron,

Please follow the directions laid out by our fine community members and let us know what your results are. Also, if you can post a recent case number or the serial number of the HughesNet modem, we'll be able to pull up your account and run diagnostics. We hope to hear back from you soon. 

Thank you,
Chris
Seth Poret

It seems as though my connection has been on the FAP for around two weeks now and it should only be for 24 hours, right? I dont know why it would be at these low speeds for so long. Please help.