cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow download speeds during evening/night hours.

Damian

Re: Extremely slow download speeds during evening/night hours.

@keithedward,

Thank you for reaching out to us and performing the necessary steps to help with our diagnosis. It is true, peak time will cause speeds to decrease as the satellite must distribute evenly to all customers. While peak time has always been apart of most ISP services, it was not nearly as noticeable compared to now, during this pandemic. Because of this, our engineers are constantly working to keep the service operating as efficiently as possible, using the tools available.     

With that being said, after running a remote speed test to see what your modem is outputting, the speeds we received back were on point with what you stated you get during the day. This means we will definitely need to perform a bit of remote maintenance to increase these speeds for you. Unfortunately, the speed test performed on our side did not show that there is a decrease in your speeds since that has not been tested yet. The next step for me is to remotely test your speed during peak hours to get an accurate depiction of a decrease and how much of one. If it matches up with your results from testmy.net or it's anywhere close, specific steps will be taken to fix that. I will have that update for you tomorrow along with the next troubleshooting steps to be performed.  

-Damian 

keithedward
New Poster

Damian,

That sounds good. I look forward to hearing from you tomorrow.

Thanks

Keith

keithedward
New Poster

@Damian 

Just following up with you. Were you able to conduct your testing of my service during peak hours last night?

Thanks

Keith

Damian

@keithedward,

I was successfully able to run a speed test during peak hours and found a decrease in speed. Because of this, I will be performing remote adjustments to the modem which should increase speeds greatly. Please await completion and results by tonight. I do appreciate your patience while dealing with this situation. 

-Damian 

keithedward
New Poster

@Damian 

Thanks for the update. I appreciate your response and your attention to this issue. Looking forward to better performane after your adjustments.

Thanks again,

Keith

keithedward
New Poster

@Damian 

Were you able to make any adjustments/improvements during your evaluation last night. I have not seen any improvment in my slow speeds today.

Thanks

Keith

Damian

@keithedward,

I was successfully able to perform the remote troubleshooting steps. It can take some time for results to appear especially when the area of service is very cloudy. Heavy cloud coverage can also alter signal strength and speed. If the skies are clear right now, this would be a good time to test your speeds again. Please let me know what you find and I will perform additional troubleshooting steps if required. 

-Damian

keithedward
New Poster

@Damian 

I just performed a couple of tests. Results were not very good 1.4 and 1.3M. However, the skies are very cloud (with drizzle) here and will be for the next couple of days. Once skies clear (in couple of days) I will perform a series of tests and send you the results.

Thanks!

Keith