Extremely slow download speeds

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ml520
Junior

Extremely slow download speeds

Hi, I upgraded to Hughes "Gen 5" earlier this year and performance was decent for a short time. More recently (past few months probably), download speeds have gotten ridculously slow. The past few nights I performed a speed test from the Hughes site and barely topped 100kbps. Upload speeds have been more consistent ... and generally faster that the downloads, actually. But the service is essentially unusable in the evenings. Even the email client I still use times out for lack of response. I seldom had an issue with the previous (Gen 4, I assume?) service, which I had for a number of years. Prior to that I was a Starband customer for a long time, and even THEIR service ten years ago (which wasn't exceptional by any means) was better that what I'm experiencing with this Gen 5. Does anyone have information on what's going on? I see other users posting similar experiences and am wondering if this is something that Hughes is aware of and working on a solution for? I put a message into tech support this morning and so have not yet heard from them.

20 REPLIES 20