Extremely slow internet

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deankrahn
Freshman

Extremely slow internet

My internet has been extremely slow and unreliable since it was install 45 days ago. The TV is unusable...My latency is down to 75-125% and speeds are slow. I even tried upgrading to my data...no use..My broadband was more reliable and faster.. Unless things are fixed quickly I am forced to go back to Broadband, and your team is not holding up your end of the deal on speed. As a side note I dont have option to use 5G hughes speed..The 2G is the only one that shows up on my computer....net I was sold on 5G!! So many issues here..Not to mention when I call in and get disconnected after being on hold for over and hour.. https://testmy.net/quickstats/deankrahn
16 REPLIES 16
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Your download speeds look excellent. 

Cannot watch a simple YouTube video without it buffing longer than the length of the video and good luck if you have a firestick. I'm so discouraged 

Yes, i stated download is good...Upload being between 300K and 750K is HORRIBLE.... Also the TV is constantly buffering or NO connection. Which makes it unusable....Again, I state my neighbors was up and running when my went down. I seriously think something is wrong with the satellite or the installation, but I need your team to fix
maratsade

The HN reps on this site will be back next week.  If you want to brave the long waits, you can all customer service and they can probably run some tests, though they're Tier 1 support,so what they can do is limited.

And yes, your DLs totally stink. I imagine everyone and their dog is uploading stuff for work.  

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

deankrahn wrote:
Yes, i stated download is good...Upload being between 300K and 750K is HORRIBLE.... Also the TV is constantly buffering or NO connection. Which makes it unusable....Again, I state my neighbors was up and running when my went down. I seriously think something is wrong with the satellite or the installation, but I need your team to fix

Yes my download speed looks good, and I mentioned that. That is not the problem. I work for IBM and I work from home. Your stated speeds for upload are NOT being achieved. As mentioned I am only getting 300k-750K at best and I am running out of data every month. I was told by sales that I  would be fine with 20G...that was grossly understanded. I was 20G, upgraded to 30G and I am still running out. I was told the speeds would be drastically better than my broadband. AGAIN lie..I cannot even get the 1MB minimum speed consistently.. Then I was talked into VOIP. I was told that is much better. Again with working at home people, that should NEVER be offered. On webex / conference type calls, it is echo and 5 second delays... I will need to look at cancelling with your team. I been fighting with this since the first day of installation and it has not gotten any better, nor am I getting the assistance I need. I call your support team and get disconnected on multiple occasions. Your company comes no where need the level of quantity and quality that I need and was promised...

Hi deankrahn,

Thanks for posting. I pulled up your account and diagnostics show that the HughesNet equipment is working normally. Please keep in mind that the 25+ Mbps we deliver to your modem is shared amongst all devices connected to your modem and wifi network. So with the 11 devices on your network, including the DirecTV box and 3 Roku devices, those share the bandwidth and use your data. You can even test this out by turning off wifi and leaving one computer directly connected to the modem and see the difference in performance.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Now I ran out of data AGAIN....so the speed apparently was scaled back. I bought into HughesNet with the assumption of being scaled back to 1-3MB on upload. On a good day I could never get over 750kb upload, and now that I am scaled back I am less than 100kb upload speed... I am sure pretty sure that is why I do NOT get Netflix / TV working anymore. Not to mention I have 3.3GB of data tokens still available, and still not even close to my "normal slow upload of 750kb".. Now I go to pull the test results and I loose connection AGAIN...Are we sure the satellite is even installed correct?? I need the data with some speed... I will send you results when I can get to them!!!! TEST Site dropping

AND NOBODY ANSWERING CALLS AT YOUR PLACE....VERY FRUSTRATING
maratsade

Because they're overwhelmed. Try calling after midnight. 

@deankrahn wrote:
AND NOBODY ANSWERING CALLS AT YOUR PLACE....VERY FRUSTRATING

Upload... what are you trying to upload to Netflix? You mean download, don't you?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
GabeU

@deankrahn wrote:
Now I ran out of data AGAIN. 

It wouldn't at all surprise me that it's your DirecTV receiver that Liz mentioned.  DirecTV receivers can and often will use data, regardless of whether you watch anything at all on demand.  They use the data to update both the Guide and individual program info, and I suspect the instant watch movies that are normally downloaded through the DirecTV dish itself.  People have had their data wiped out in short order by DirecTV receivers.

The best advice I can give is to disconnect that DirecTV receiver from your HughesNet service.

GabeU

@deankrahn 

There's no such thing as 2G speed and 5G speed with HughesNet.  The 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands are WiFi connection methods, and not all devices can connect via 5GHz band.  It's not HughesNet's fault that your device doesn't have the ability to connect via the 5GHz band.  HughesNet has absolutely no control over that.  

Your service is HughesNet Gen5, and Gen5 has nothing to do with 5G cellular technology, as stated in your first thread.  

Also, in regard to your first thread, you never replied after I gave you instructions on the sizes of the speed tests that needed to be run.  The reps can't help you if you drop out of the conversation.

There's no such thing as 2G speed and 5G speed with HughesNet. The 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands are WiFi connection methods, and not all devices can connect via 5GHz band. It's not HughesNet's fault that your device doesn't have the ability to connect via the 5GHz band. HughesNet has absolutely no control over that.

So why give the option if it doesn't exist I don't understand how you figure my devices isn't compatible which isn't accurate 

GabeU

@LatonyaOliver55 

That reply wasn't directed at you.  It was directed at the original poster, as indicated at the beginning of my reply.  

maratsade

Which is one reason it's best for everyone to start their own ticket....

@GabeU wrote:

That reply wasn't directed at you.  It was directed at the original poster, as indicated at the beginning of my reply.  

Liz

Good morning deankrahn, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. I hope the suggestions provided helped. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!