cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow internet

Highlighted

Re: Extremely slow internet

Hi deankrahn,

Thanks for posting. I pulled up your account and diagnostics show that the HughesNet equipment is working normally. Please keep in mind that the 25+ Mbps we deliver to your modem is shared amongst all devices connected to your modem and wifi network. So with the 11 devices on your network, including the DirecTV box and 3 Roku devices, those share the bandwidth and use your data. You can even test this out by turning off wifi and leaving one computer directly connected to the modem and see the difference in performance.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted
Freshman

Now I ran out of data AGAIN....so the speed apparently was scaled back. I bought into HughesNet with the assumption of being scaled back to 1-3MB on upload. On a good day I could never get over 750kb upload, and now that I am scaled back I am less than 100kb upload speed... I am sure pretty sure that is why I do NOT get Netflix / TV working anymore. Not to mention I have 3.3GB of data tokens still available, and still not even close to my "normal slow upload of 750kb".. Now I go to pull the test results and I loose connection AGAIN...Are we sure the satellite is even installed correct?? I need the data with some speed... I will send you results when I can get to them!!!! TEST Site dropping
Highlighted
Freshman

AND NOBODY ANSWERING CALLS AT YOUR PLACE....VERY FRUSTRATING
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor I

Because they're overwhelmed. Try calling after midnight. 

@deankrahn wrote:
AND NOBODY ANSWERING CALLS AT YOUR PLACE....VERY FRUSTRATING

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Upload... what are you trying to upload to Netflix? You mean download, don't you?

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Distinguished Professor IV

@deankrahn wrote:
Now I ran out of data AGAIN. 

It wouldn't at all surprise me that it's your DirecTV receiver that Liz mentioned.  DirecTV receivers can and often will use data, regardless of whether you watch anything at all on demand.  They use the data to update both the Guide and individual program info, and I suspect the instant watch movies that are normally downloaded through the DirecTV dish itself.  People have had their data wiped out in short order by DirecTV receivers.

The best advice I can give is to disconnect that DirecTV receiver from your HughesNet service.

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted

Good morning deankrahn, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. I hope the suggestions provided helped. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.