Extremely slow speed

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bishop
New Poster

Extremely slow speed

Ever since my 2nd month I've had nothing but slow speeds. I know what your going to say it's the pemadimic but that's a lie bc it's been happening since last year. I've tried to download a 18Gb game since 2:00 am to 9am and only 200 Mb was downloaded, 2 months ago I had to Pay over $200 bc I tried to buy 75 GB of data bc my data disappears but thx to the slow internet I double tap not knowing if it was responding. When I had my ps4 downloading a game I only had my tv and ps4 connected and I change my password so nobody else was on it. Most of the time I see all of my lights blinking and that's a 9/10. I've tried to call someone and they said the tech department would be calling me but nothing, I tried to email yall nothing, I've tried the live chat, someone connected and nothing. Yall have been dogging me up until now, and I got yall down now, the speed test only downloads a single package over a short amount of time which makes it rigged. I'll be happy when I can download things on my playstation and my tv stops buffering. And before you say anything about no high speed internet on my account I just checked and I have 500 MB on my plan data which I'm cool with once it runs out bc I'll buy more but I was using my Bonus which still have 24.5 GB. So why when I use my data it's so slow even before Covid 19. I'm ready to drop my service and ya I know I have to pay a ridiculous fee but I'm ready to pay it if yall are ready to loss a customer. Truly I dont think I have to pay the fee bc the internet is so slow but I'll still pay it.
3 REPLIES 3
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Bishop, do you have a testmy.net account?  If so, could you post the link to your My Results page?  If not, you should really get an account with them so you can document your speeds and have a trail of what's going on. 

GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Bishop wrote:
I've tried to download a 18Gb game since 2:00 am to 9am and only 200 Mb was downloaded, 2 months ago I had to Pay over $200 bc I tried to buy 75 GB of data bc my data disappears but thx to the slow internet I double tap not knowing if it was responding.  

Buying tokens takes a few minutes to register.  It has nothing to do with "slow internet".  You simply jumped the gun instead of waiting the few minutes that the purchase takes to register and for the token data to be applied. 

@Bishop wrote:
When I had my ps4 downloading a game I only had my tv and ps4 connected and I change my password so nobody else was on it. Most of the time I see all of my lights blinking and that's a 9/10. I've tried to call someone and they said the tech department would be calling me but nothing, I tried to email yall nothing, I've tried the live chat, someone connected and nothing. 

You can see what is currently connected, and what was connected, but is no longer, since the last time the modem was powered, here.  HughesNet doesn't control when or how much data your devices use.  

@Bishop wrote:
Yall have been dogging me up until now, and I got yall down now, the speed test only downloads a single package over a short amount of time which makes it rigged.  

That the speed testing instructions require a set test size with each test is precisely what makes it a valid test and result.  Your "rigged" claim is patently ridiculous.

@Bishop wrote:
I'll be happy when I can download things on my playstation and my tv stops buffering.  

There is no guarantee that buffering will not happen during streaming, nor is there a guarantee that game downloads will be speedy, nor match the overall speed of the service.  Congestion, latency and the effects of the infrastructure along the entire route play a role in how fast something will download, as does the prioritization policy that is currently in place.  

You posted about speed issues back in July of last year, yet you never followed up.  You stated that your "data just spiked", then disappeared.  With the claimed speed issues, It's unfortunate that it isn't until now, when things like game downloads end up taking a back seat to working and schooling related activities because of the current prioritization policy that is in place, that you post about your game download speeds.

I suggest you run the speed tests as instructed and post your testmy.net "My Results" URL.  That's the only way you're going to start the process of troubleshooting.  If overall service speed is the problem, there may be something they can do to improve it.

Liz

Good morning Bishop,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can more effectively help you.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!