Hughesnet Community

Extremely slow speeds!! No answers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow speeds!! No answers.

So, as being a Hughesnet customer for about 6 months or less, I have had numerous calls to tech support. We have spent so many hours on the phone,to the point we are just fed up. We have hardly ever gotten *advertised speeds* and yes I know..not guranteed..whatever. I am just going to be upfront here before everyone chimes in with there usual messages of this and that. Tech support is a joke first and foremost, let's just be real. I have been sent modems, and told to do this and that, disable this, try that. I pay you to provide me a service, you do not pay me to do your job, or pay me to be your tech support. Like clockwork I pay my bill, but for what, honestly.  On a good day with plenty of data in my regular plan, I get 5-10mps tops, and that's givinlg you guys the credit because it's hardly ever that..EVER. Now, with my bonus minutes..same or worse. Even right now with about 60% left... I am running on 253-526kbs roughly. I honestly don't wanna hear or about what's promised or not, because I have .lconfirmed tests over 150mbs...so I know it's throttled, and I know they can offer well above 25mbs.  We actually have a friend who works for Hughesnet, which I will not convey their identity, who has told me many insightful things, which makes me wish I would have me at signed up for the service. I have testmy results, no problem.  I have spent the past few months documenting these issues with dates and times  and speeds. I have done all the troubleshooting I care to do. At what point does one take responsibilty for their actions and stop saying...Well, it is weather,  or the location where you get your service and blah blah blah. And yes I have had escalated calls returned..A WEEK AFTER THEY WERE SUPPOSED TO CALL BACK. So, don t advertise or have your sales rep tell customers that you will get 25mos almost all the time, and when it runs out roughly 3mbs and that it is enough to still stream because Netflix and Hulu only require 1mbs to stream low quality, and your web activities will still function properly, because that is false...FALSE. I can honestly say, I have held back long enough. What your ads, TV commercials, and cpsales reps should tell you is this, Pay us for internet with speeds of, we dunno..but it Wil work most likely. We cannot tell you how well it'll work, but you can pay us and if it doesn't work..We will just give you these things called Tokens, because we don't really care to add free data, because you pay for it anyways. We can only tell you what our on screen script tells us to say, and we gotta stick to the script.  Test results don't lie, advertising does. You get way more data, better service and support from cable.  I just wanna know when I have to quit paying for service I am not getting, and when Hughesnet is going to pay me for all the tech support I have done, troubleshooting and hours wasted on the phone? I mean, you guys  have it like the IRS. And again, I know the few regulars on here are gonna chime in with...Yeah but, or did you do this..or you're not promised this or that..but I was per my sales call. I want resolutions for my issues, or I want to be done altogether with my service. And I don't need contract referrals either.  Mods?!?!?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Awe buddy, you didn't. I didn't say anything to you bud, just referring to GabeU comments, as i didn't know it logged me out of testmy. Buuuut...my good friend Javier, at tech support seems to have resolved my problem. Man, he was very thorough,  patient....And extremely helpful. After him running tests on his end and seeing horrible speeds, and seeing we had replaced the modem. He had me do a few basic things and no avail.  Then hard reset with both buttons until the modem cycled.....Boom. high speeds again. So I need to go ahead and close this thread.

View solution in original post

33 REPLIES 33
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

This is a tech support site, not a rant site, so you're in the wrong place. If you  need help with your speeds, then ask for it and follow the procedure to begin getting the issue checked.  Otherwise, you're wasting everyone's time, including yours, as ranting will not get you solutions.   

You always have the choice to cancel the service if it doesn't work for you. 

(And Roanoke52, what's your beef? Speak up, man,  instead of hiding in the shadows giving kudos to the disgruntled). 

And this is a technical problem without a solution still. I can voice my issues how I see fit. The time you wasted telling me me more or less to cancel my service, was just that...time wasted. Your insight was very helpful, thank you.

maratsade

This is a site to seek solutions to tech and account problems. You have not asked for help, you have just ranted, so the way you have chosen to voice your issues is pretty much impotent. 

This is not a rant site, so what are you doing here?  Why don't you try to get help instead of just ranting? Will ranting fix your issues? Nope. You're helping no one, not even yourself; you're just throwing a tantrum. 

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

This is only my opinion. Tech support should be handled by the MODS not others, who think they know everything. 

If this site was run by HN, not the "Professors" there would be less problems. JMHO

This was basically my last resort to post here. I debated on doing so, because there are a few on here that always pop up telling the original poster...Oh you're complaining or ranting, or if you dislike it go someplace else...And so forth. Yeah I ranted a bit, but for good reason. I have gotten nowhere with customer support or techs. I asked once to have my call escalated due to my issues and was basically told it didn't warrant escalation. I have had speeds so slow that testmy couldn't even run it, and most times taking 8 minutes or more to test download speeds. I am one to hardly ever complain about anything. But when you pay your hard earned money for a service, and that service doesn't perform and you're told...meh it's satellite internet so it's gonna be slow and expensive(yes the last tech told me that) then yes, I think at some point a person should speak up. So if me expressing a need to have something done, and needing help beyond tech support via phone in, which always makes me become the one doing all the same old stuff and wasting hours of my time, is an issue for some...Then just don't respond to my post or others. And I agree with you Reggie, I seen it all to often with a few on here always posting on threads made by customers, and they're no help, but just want to tell them they're complaining, or read your contract and so on, or cancel your service. I just want what I pay for, that is not hard to comprehend. 

maratsade

i sympathise with you, because the system is expensive, and if you pay all that money and then your system doesn't run to your satisfaction, you want to do something about it.  I hope you will do something about it so we can move on from this impasse and actually get you help, which is what this site is about. 

One thing you can do is provide a detailed account of the issues you are experiencing. You may be asked to perform some tests so your case can be escalated. But the mods will work with you, if you work with them, and they will do their best to help you. 

Best of luck to you, and God bless.

robinloraditch wrote:

This was basically my last resort to post here. I debated on doing so, because there are a few on here that always pop up telling the original poster...Oh you're complaining or ranting, or if you dislike it go someplace else...And so forth. Yeah I ranted a bit, but for good reason. I have gotten nowhere with customer support or techs. I asked once to have my call escalated due to my issues and was basically told it didn't warrant escalation. I have had speeds so slow that testmy couldn't even run it, and most times taking 8 minutes or more to test download speeds. I am one to hardly ever complain about anything. But when you pay your hard earned money for a service, and that service doesn't perform and you're told...meh it's satellite internet so it's gonna be slow and expensive(yes the last tech told me that) then yes, I think at some point a person should speak up. So if me expressing a need to have something done, and needing help beyond tech support via phone in, which always makes me become the one doing all the same old stuff and wasting hours of my time, is an issue for some...Then just don't respond to my post or others. And I agree with you Reggie, I seen it all to often with a few on here always posting on threads made by customers, and they're no help, but just want to tell them they're complaining, or read your contract and so on, or cancel your service. I just want what I pay for, that is not hard to comprehend. 

Screenshot_20200311-033704.jpg

Screenshot_20200311-033732.jpg

Here are some most recent results from in over in the morning. I am not a rude person, nor was I trying to be. But all I do is run tests, reset modems, and waste countless hours with tech support. It takes so long to do all this with slow speeds, and just uses up so much data trying to do things at way slower speeds, because most times...buffering. And that eats data as well. I am just going to wait till my data resets..so I can do it all over again with more detailed info

maratsade

Holy cow; that' s slow. Could you post the URL to your results page? That's a very useful record with lots of info the HN engineers can dig into and use to figure out what's going on with your site. 

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

It is quite silly that you use a system label (in this case, Professor) as an insult, but your attitude is not surprising, as you have exhibited your mean spiritedness often. It's just silly and childish.

Instead of constantly undermining the work some of us do here, why don't you join us? Why don't you provide any help whatsoever? It seems your only job here is to undermine and criticise

I'm sorry I forgot only the Mods & the ELITE have a right to have an opinion.

maratsade

It's not about opinions, Reg, it's about attitudes. You are demeaning the process and your  fellow subscribers with your judgmental attitudes and responses.  

Reggie wrote:

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

@maratsade wrote:

It's not about opinions, Reg, it's about attitudes. You are demeaning the process and your  fellow subscribers with your judgmental attitudes and responses.  

Reggie wrote:

But you can belittle almost every new person that posts to the forum. You know the first post is more rant than itis asking for help. Still you think it is ok to treat to your type of help. You tell them if they don't like the service just leave.

Alot of help there.

maratsade

Sorry this is all you see, Reg. 

@Reggie wrote:
But you can belittle almost every new person that posts to the forum. You know the first post is more rant than itis asking for help. Still you think it is ok to treat to your type of help. You tell them if they don't like the service just leave.

Alot of help there.

Screenshot_20200311-152123.jpg

Screenshot_20200311-152143.jpg

Hopefully that helps

The more infomation you are able to provide the better.

Ok, so within a week of getting our service,  we called Hughesnet twice with speed issues. Did the basic 3 speed tests, unplug everything...you get the idea lol. At the couple hours on the phone mark, I just asked the phone rep could we just end the call because we were at a stand still. About a week and a half later, called again and thought I would get some news or figure out what the issues were. Had to do everything all over again, and at one point the rep said they were going to file a ticket with advanced support, and I would hear back with 72hrs. So we wait, and wait....And it was well over a week before we heard back, only to uncheck my ipv6 and I didn't really see any results. I gave it a month and called back, because we also noticed out modem running like it was transmitting data, when nothing was connected via wifi nor ethernet cables. The rep had me do all the usual things again, and while on the phone,  I told him I was disconnecting the laptop from internet, and he verified nothing was connected to the modem. Well after an hour..bam, a half a gb was gone. I told him I thought we had a leak since day one..And after talking about it, he said it was the modem leaking. New modem came, set it all up, a d was a little better for about a week or so, and back to slower speeds. And again, we could leave and be gone for the whole day, nothing connected and our data would reflect usage, once about 2gb in one day. Called about it again and the guy just basically told me, hey it's satellite internet and it's not that great at reliability, and it was expensive compared to cable, with getting your money's worth. It was a more or less, you just gotta cope with it kinda call, and didn't escalate or really seem to care about the situation.  So I decided I would just start documenting my issues and that's what I have done so far. I just don't want to keep calling and doing and hearing the same old thing. So, I am not ranting this time lol, I am providing as much info from day one till now, so that maybe these issues can be figured out, because we really are just wasting our time and money at this point.

Hopefully one of the Mods will see your thread. I'll try to tag them.

@Lizor @Damian 

Thank you 

@robinloraditch wrote:

Thank you 

You are welcome. I just hope it helps.