cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow speeds at night

New Poster

Re: Extremely slow speeds at night

Chris,
I have heard nothing in the last 2 weeks concerning my slow speeds and it is still very slow. I also see that my plan is not offered anymore, only a plan with about 1/3 of my anytime bytes but the same speed that I thought I had. Has my speed gotten throttled because Hughes doesn't want to support my plan andare trying to chase me to another plan that will not meet my needs. The only time I Have used more than 60% or do of my anytime bytes was when I got a new iPhone. I am not a user that abuses the system. It is really sad that it is this way. Thanks.
Alum

Hello Richknox,

Sorry for the delay. I just realized I never heard back from my escalation on this. I will make sure to have some new information for you soon.

- Chris
New Poster

I have no internet at all tonight. I can't even do a speed test! I had to get on to my phone hotspot just to post this. I was a believer in HughesNet until the last 3 months but this is ridiculous. I thought all those people who complained about how bad the service was just expected unrealistic speed but now I just want at least dial up speed especially when I have used only 46% of my monthly allowance of data. This has just gotten awful after the first year of ok service. I might as well pay AT&T for the slow dialup. At least I know it is reliable. This is terrible!
New Poster

. As you can tell by this picture of the speed test on my Hughes.net I have nothing tonight. You can't do anything at these speeds but maybe some Facebook and emails. No streaming of anything!
Distinguished Professor III

That's about the speed I'm getting right now.  It's low, but it's hardly nothing, and the only thing I can't do is stream, but can do everything else. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Associate Professor

New Poster

My tests at testmy.net were virtually the same. There is nothing wrong with the equipment because I can run the same test in the morning and I get big speeds. I don't know about GabeU but mine has been like that for three months - fast in the morning and almost non-existent at night.
Here is this morning and you can see last night's result in a previous post. This is from the speed test on the HughesNet page so it has to have some validity or it should not be on there.
Alum

Hello Richknow,

I'm working on getting something back to you hopefully before the weekend. Stay tuned.

- Chris
Highlighted
Alum

Hi Richknox,

I got back word from our engineering team and they think a dispatch will be able to resolve what your experiencing. Seems there is a marginal alignment issue at your site. What is a good day for us to send someone out, that way I'll try my best to accommodate you. Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Chris
New Poster

Hi Chris,

Sorry I am so long in replying but Year-end and the first of the new year at my workplace is rather hectic. I can meet the Dispatch most anytime but it would be a huge help to have a little tighter scheduled time than say from 12 - 5 PM. I work about 30 minutes from my home and I need to be the one to be there instead of my wife who works closer to home. I am tied up this Monday, January 9 but can work out other times. Afternoon would be best for me because that allows me to go in and get work done before I have to leave. Thank you for looking into my problem. I hope we can resolve this problem.

Rich Knox