Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow speeds at night

richknox
Sophomore

Re: Extremely slow speeds at night

Liz,
It has been a couple of weeks since I posted my link. Any information yet? Thanks.
Liz

Good morning richknox,

Thank you for letting me know. I've actually not heard back from engineering about your case, which is surprising. I'm sorry for this, I've pinged the engineer on the status of your case. I'll let you know as soon as I hear back.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

richknox
Sophomore

Liz,
I appreciate the help but something needs fixing and this is very frustrating. My speed during the evening hours last night, actually 7:54 PM was 0.27 Mbps download and 1.14 Mbps upload. Then at 1:46 AM this morning it was 24.59 Mbps download and 5.53 Mbps upload. Now before anyone mKes a comment, yes, this was done on my iPad through the Wi-Fi, but I still contend that this just shows there is nothing wrong with the router and modem. The internet was so bad last night I could only do very basic things. I could not even load secondary pages in Facebook. I am now going on 4 months with this problem and either Hughes needs to own up that there is a problem and provide a solution or let folks just quietly go away. I do appreciate the company giving me the 3 months credit, that was a nice gesture but what I really want is decent internet service. It was wonderful during the first year of my contract but then around November 1, 2016 it just collapsed and I began having these speed problems. Something changed and I just want it changed back. I didn't have 20+ Mbps speed at night during the first year but I did have 6+ Mbps speeds and that was adequate for what we did. Thank you for your help.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

An upload of 5.53Mbps?  Wow.  

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Liz

Good morning Rich, 

In the meantime, I have no problem crediting your account until the engineer gets back to me regarding your case or until we start using the new satellite we launched in December. I will keep you posted.

Thank you,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Liz

Hi Rich,

I've gotten word from engineering that due to the current scheduling around the Gen 5 launch, your beam is slated for a capacity expansion in three weeks. As a courtesy, I've credited your account for next month's service fee in the meantime.

-Liz

richknox
Sophomore

Liz,
Thank you very much for the support and the progress on my problem. I let you know how the performance is around the last week of March. I sure hope that your guys are correct and that this will solve my problem. If you hear of a delay or something that would stop this change please let me know. Thank you again for your help.
Liz

You're welcome, Rich, I really do appreciate your understanding. I'll let you know if anything changes.

-Liz

Tnchargergirl
Freshman

I was getting 142 kbps last night and 370kbps tonight. All they can do is have me run speed tests and reset my modem. This is bs. 

richknox
Sophomore

Liz,

you wrote on 2/28 that service would be better in about 3 weeks as the new satellite would be online.  It has now been almost 5 weeks since this email and I have seen no change in my speeds.  I am the only one on the satellite tonight and I can't even stream a ballgame on MLB.TV. My speed tonight is 0.41 Mbps download and 2.20 Mbps upload. This is totally unacceptable.  Is there any help coming?  Thanks