cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow speeds off and on! New customer

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: Extremely slow speeds off and on! New customer

Honest answer, reality isn't like Star Trek. Even the most up to date satellites have limits. Only so much data can go up and down at one time, not an unlimited amount.
Highlighted
Sophomore

Mainly at night to answer your question Amanda. Just ran a test topped out at 2.56 Mbps.
Highlighted

Hi Russ

I am going to look for and review your call if available personally. If it is not available or satisfactory, we can discuss cancellation or an upgrade to our new service if you'd like. I will have an answer for you Monday. 

Thank you
amanda
Highlighted
Spectator

HughesNet advertises that they are fast, yet when I run the speed test they are always in the red, it would be nice if I could get at least 50% of the speed spectrum..
Highlighted
Spectator

Amanda, check into why Hughes Net is so slow, each time I run the speed test they are always in the red.  Hence your advertisements are wrong, it ain't fast
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Hughesnet advertises that my plan has a max "up to" speed of 15 Mbps. I routinely get 21 to 27 Mbps.

We have thus far no clue what "in the red means", what system you have (HN7000s, HN9000, HT1100) what plan level you have within the un-named platform or where and under what conditions you are running these speed tests.

All advertising aside, anything can break and when it does it requires troubleshooting to determine the cause.

Highlighted
Sophomore

Ok great thank you. Also if you do retrieve the call please listen to that part when I ask about the amount of data I get and what happens if I go over. Just ran a speed test had a hard time hitting 1mbps. Peaked at 1.76.
Highlighted
Spectator

Amanda,  Why did it take me 30 minutes today to get logged on,  slow slow slow
Highlighted

Hi Russ

Sorry for the delay. I listened to the first 5 minutes of your sales call and immediately understand what you're talking about. The agent did make guarantees and statements about our service that just are not true or possible. I will be sending this over to our sales manager here in the corporate office to take care of. 

With that said, I am absolutely open to letting you cancel your services without a termination fee. Please let me know if that is something you want to do and we'll start discussing the process. My apologies for all of this.

Thank you,
Amanda