cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely slow speeds

Extremely slow speeds

I just took this speed test 3 times June 9th at 11:15 pm est
And the results were basically the same all 3 times. I have only my cell connected to wifi. Why is it SOOOO slow?!
7 REPLIES 7
Assistant Professor

Re: Extremely slow speeds

That test can not be correct with HugheNet. For one thing it is impossible to get 21ms ping on satellite internet.
Associate Professor
Highlighted

We installed ARTUverse today...ran speed tests on our Hughes and they were 20 times faster; our Hughes net basically isn't there...so slow not worth using. Gen 4 isn't the answer. Traveling this week but plan to try to get out of contract based on " no service"
Alum

Hi mistyblades,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing slow speeds with your service. I was able to pull up your account and will run remote diagnostics to check your ability to communicate with the satellite.

Also, as Charles suggested please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds.

Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.
Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Thank you,
Chris

I went to the site you did and ran a speed test and got 5.36 down and 1.12 up with a 39ms ping.  These are normal results for me so I I do trust your results except the ping doesn’t seem correct.  However Hughes will only accept their speed test results.
Alum

Hi Dawn,

Thank you for your post. Feel free to create a new post whenever you are back from your travels. We can certainly look into your account and see what we can do for you.

Thanks,
Chris

Having checked with AT&T for months on availability (had AT&T DSL...which didn't work) and being told Not Available. Only after canceled our DSL did they come back and tell us UVerse was available. By that time gone w Hughes. Dawn