cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely unsatsified

Extremely unsatsified

I am very disappointed in my service. My children can't even use the internet to do their homework. My son can't even download videos to watch to help him perfect his karate forms for tournaments. Last month it said we used up all our usage and were on "bonus" usage? Not sure how that even happened. I don't even use wifi for my phone because don't want to eat up usage. Can't use netflix, can't use on demand for Direct Tv. Was told I would be able to use Netflix, that is a complete joke. The rep on the phone said video gaming was capable. My son can't play xbox live. This is ridiculous. I've only had Hughes Net for a few months and I want to terminate my contract and not pay the fees. I believe I was misled with Hughes Net and I do not want to continue with this service. It's pretty sad when your children can't even access google to do homework.
4 REPLIES 4
Assistant Professor

Re: Extremely unsatsified

Bridget, do you have other options for internet? Satellite is capped and the usage must be managed just like cell phone data.

I am at the point where I will wait until other options become available.  I just want out of the contract, the kids and I go to the library for homework because of this.
Sophomore

I work from home, my 2 kids and my wife all take online classes, and we're lucky if we use 60% of our data each month. We do not do any Netflix, or gaming, or DirectTV. It is just a matter of setting priorities.
Alum

Hi bridget,

Welcome to the community! We appreciate you posting about your concerns. Hopefully we can help to facilitate your satisfaction. First lets start with what games your son plays on Xbox live? Twitch based shooters on a satellite connection are not going to work properly. However turn based games will work normally. Did our sales agent point this out to you when you were first purchased your service?

It seems mainly that your data allowance is not sufficient for your household needs. You can always upgrade if that is the case. We hope to hear back from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris