FAP Speed = Zero

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
larramendy1
New Poster

FAP Speed = Zero

My FAP speed is zero.   I cannot even get to myhughesnet.com to buy tokens.  This has been going on for months.  When I have data, speeds are 29 to 33 mbps, very good.  My system has just been tested by tech person that Hughes sent here.  Test results are perfect, but I still cannot use my computer at all after monthly data used, not even to buy tokens.  As Hughes advertisements  clearly state, "we won't cut you off . . . Stay connected . . .  "   I'm wondering how they get away with this and how many others experience the same situation?

7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@larramendy1 wrote:
I'm wondering how they get away with this and how many others experience the same situation?

They don't "get away with this", as it's not a common problem.  In fact, in my four years on the support community you're the very first person I've ever seen with this issue.  

Are you not able to open any web pages at all while in FAP?  Are your devices connected via LAN cable or WiFi, or even both?  

Do the HughesNet Usage Meter or the Mobile app still connect and work while in FAP?  If so, you should be able to buy tokens through them.  Still, you shouldn't have to buy tokens just to have access while in FAP, as you should still have it. 

A rep will likely reply to help you.

This has happened to me twice. 2 weeks with no service a couple of months ago and no service since the 15th. No notice. And when I go over my daily 250 they won't even let me buy tokens, let alone use my 7 or 8 banked tokens.

maratsade

Kim, you are posting to an old thread. You should create a new ticket by going to the Tech Support area and clicking on Start a topic.   Provide details of the issue so the HughesNet reps on this site can have a look and help you. 

@Kim7 wrote:

This has happened to me twice. 2 weeks with no service a couple of months ago and no service since the 15th. No notice. And when I go over my daily 250 they won't even let me buy tokens, let alone use my 7 or 8 banked tokens.

maratsade

What's the size of your data allowance? If you always run out of data, you may want to consider buying tokens at the beginning of the month, when you have data.  They don't expire, so it might make sense in your situation to bank a few. 

larramendy1 wrote:

My FAP speed is zero.   I cannot even get to myhughesnet.com to buy tokens.  This has been going on for months.  When I have data, speeds are 29 to 33 mbps, very good.  My system has just been tested by tech person that Hughes sent here.  Test results are perfect, but I still cannot use my computer at all after monthly data used, not even to buy tokens.  As Hughes advertisements  clearly state, "we won't cut you off . . . Stay connected . . .  "   I'm wondering how they get away with this and how many others experience the same situation?

Tpaynter1
Sophomore

I am having this exact same issue and since I am trying to work from home now it’s making me go insane. I cannot do anything. I can’t even load the HughesNet app. And why would I want to pay more money to buy tokens when I’m already paying for internet that I can’t use!!! HughesNet is a joke and I can’t wait to be out of my contract.
maratsade

First, you're piggybacking onto an old thread; to get help, post your issue under a new ticket by going to the Tech Support area and clicking on "start a topic."

If you're just here to rag on HughesNet and announce you can't wait to get out of your contract (which you can do at any time; no one's forcing you to stay), you're in the wrong site. Try social media; this site is for serious subscribers looking for tech and account support. It's not for ranters. 

To have speed issues addressed in this community, first you will need to follow the procedure detailed here: https://community.hughesnet.com/t5/Tech-Support/Think-you-have-slow-speeds/m-p/110034#M74607

Tpaynter1 wrote:
I am having this exact same issue and since I am trying to work from home now it’s making me go insane. I cannot do anything. I can’t even load the HughesNet app. And why would I want to pay more money to buy tokens when I’m already paying for internet that I can’t use!!! HughesNet is a joke and I can’t wait to be out of my contract.

Kim7
New Poster

This is happening to me as well. I was cut off for 2 weeks a couple months ago and again on June 15th. Have not been able to get a response on chat or email (hard of hearing so phone is out). The last time, it mysteriously came back soon after the first of the month.