cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCC prepairs to regulate internet content !!

FCC prepairs to regulate internet content !!

Just read this on the Unfiltered Patriot site.  Do you think this is a possibility or paranoia I for one say possibility?  

"The FCC is getting ready to regulate the Internet under new rules on June 12, reclassifying the Web in an effort to preserve “net neutrality.” But though the push for net neutrality enjoys broad support from tech geeks and millennials, some warn that these rules could give the federal government the opportunity it needs to start censoring content.

“It is conceivable to me to see the government saying, ‘We think the Drudge Report is having a disproportionate effect on our political discourse,” said FCC commissioner Ajit Pai, one of two Republicans on the board. “He doesn’t have to file anything with the FEC. The FCC doesn’t have the ability to regulate anything he says, and we want to start tamping down on websites like that.”

Pai spoke to CNS News about his concerns that net neutrality could be used to give the federal government unprecedented control over what is said on the open Internet. “What you’re seeing now is an impulse not just to regulate the roads over which traffic goes, but the traffic itself.”

Pai isn’t alone in his concerns. Republicans have opposed net neutrality regulation since the start, insisting that the Internet needs no federal oversight. Presidential candidates like Rand Paul and Ted Cruz have spoken out against the regulations, but the idea that a small FCC panel could begin making judgment calls about content should frighten anyone who likes the Internet as it is."

24 REPLIES 24

Re: FCC prepairs to regulate internet content !!

Hi Gary,

Thanks for posting. Always good to explore differing perspectives on such an important issue that can affect us all. Maybe others can share their views.

-Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

great topic , Gary , and evening to both of you Liz and Gary ,  they are already doing it but in key words but trying to make it legal,!!! but again how far they go is the question !!!!!   for easy to make things up with an open clause , as they have now , easy to cross over the line as to the freedom of speech 

Well Jezra only thing is once the Government gets their paws on something whether it be Conservative or Liberal they manage to mess it up with over regulation.  What starts out as restrictions on the ISP's ends up to be amended until they have total control of it.  They are like the Vacuum Cleaner Salesmen of the 60s once they have a foot in the door it is all over but the shouting.
Assistant Professor

A lot of conjecture to me...... "could" , "conceivable", "we think", "impulse" . Nothing saying anything is actually going to or will happen. Could have an earthquake tomorrow too.

It is on multiple sites and the comment came from  Ajit Pai one of the FCC board members involved with the project.  I keep up on all the News, Technical developments, and Politics from many sources even the liberal ones.

Assistant Professor

I thought they were, can't trust our military either. I know when I was active duty we talked about it a lot.  Especially that dang Texas. Smiley Happy

A shame when maneuvers by our own military is political fodder. The state of things these days. Sad.
Highlighted

Texas is still a republic not truly a state !!!  there are a lot of states that are not in fact not states at all !!!!!!!!!!
common wealth s
Assistant Professor

Christopher, they are still states in the legal sense. Calling themselves a Commonwealth is just a term derived from colonial times.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Commonwealth_%28U.S._state%29
Associate Professor