cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FCC primed for vote on Internet regs, amid 11th-hour drama

Assistant Professor

Re: FCC primed for vote on Internet regs, amid 11th-hour drama

Just that it is overload where I live. It is on every screen in burger joints, pizza shops, doctor's office, and anywhere else there is a TV on in a public place. It seems forced upon me when I go out so I avoid it in my personal life as much as possible.

Well it is sad to see post by those I believed to be fairly intelligent making such partisan comments. If either of you tuned out your Liberal bias long enough to READ the whole article, you would note that it came from THE ASSOCIATED PRESS...not what one can say is FOX news. As for the decision made by the FCC....it was forced by President Obama and the DEMOCRATS, NOT FOX news.  I find that FOX news provides truth rather than the fiction provided by Lame Stream Media. But, to each his own set of facts/news. Be well.

Jezra

Verizon and Comcast may not be the Government but now the Government has taken the first step to total control of the internet including all the ISPs.  I have no faith the Administration or Congress to do any thing right.  Once they get their fangs into something they suck all the blood they can while telling you how lucky you are that they are helping.

Just hope the Courts and Congress along with the ISPs can shut this thing down.

Well just have to wait and see I am a Libertarian and don't trust the Government at all.  I will believe that this isn't a coup formed by the Left for control when I see it.  I do envision major price hikes in the service as well as increased fees, taxes, and regulation for all of us.
Associate Professor

I have no faith in the government what so ever, this could in the end give them too much power over the internet (Then again, they never cared about having legal power in the first place, remember AT&T letting them illegially tap into fiber connections to sniff data?) but it is sadly needed to help tell these companies that started out as Telecommunications companies (Thus getting free money from the government for providing phone lines) that they are still Telecommunications companies and that they can't tell people what they can or can not do.  Nor can they double-bill for the same byte of data.

If only our government looked at how European countries handled the infrastructure and companies that provide connectivity options.

I see that point however, is that the whole thing, they have kept many parts secret for some reason.  I guess they had to pass it to see what is in it.

Yep, just like ObamaCare. Passed on total Democrat Party lines. Thus, I don't trust a thing in it. Time will tell whether it's really good for us average folks. So far nothing out of D.C. has been, so why would we expect it to suddenly be about us?