Hughesnet Community

Face Book emails being blocked by Hughesnet?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AzLady
New Poster

Face Book emails being blocked by Hughesnet?

Has Hughesnet put a block on Face Book email notifications? I used to get all my FB email notifications and haven't received any email from Face Book in over a month. My setting are all correct... Their help files said this:
I’m not receiving email notifications.
If you're having issues with email notifications:
• Check your email notification settings to make sure that you haven't email notifications off.
• Check your spam or junk email filter to make sure that emails coming from Facebook aren't being placed in this folder. If they are, be sure to add the @facebookmail.com email domain to your email account's safe senders list.
• If you're still not receiving emails from Facebook, contact your ISP (Internet Service Provider) to ensure that they aren't blocking email traffic coming from Facebook
12 REPLIES 12
Chris11
Alum

Hello AzLady,

Thanks for posting and welcome! Just to clarify, you are not receiving email notifications to your main HughesNet email account associated with your profile? Are there any error details available that you receive that you can share? Also, are you sure it's only Facebook? Maybe there are other emails that aren't coming through from other providers. Double check, so that they can send you the bounce back message.

- Chris
AzLady
New Poster

Hi Chris, 
Thanks for responding so quickly. I am not receiving emails from Face Book to my Hughesnet email account that is on record at Face Book. I used to receive up to 30+ emails a day from Face Book, but have not received anything from Face Book for over a month now. I am receiving other emails just fine. There are no error messages about the Face Book emails as no emails are being received. I checked Face Book's help files first and since they said if everything is as it ought to be (which it is) under my settings, to check with my ISP. 
Thanks for any help you can render concerning this issue. 
Jayne
Chris11
Alum

Hello AzLady,

I will look into this with our email department and get back to you on this. Maybe others have reported this as well. Once I have something I will let you know

Thank you,
Chris
AzLady
New Poster

Thanks Chris, 
I really appreciate your help. I've done everything I can think of.. 
Jayne
AzLady
New Poster

Still not receiving any email notifications from Face Book. I have set and reset every setting on Face Book that I can. I have looked at my Hughesnet webmail and there are no blocks on Face Book that I can find. This is so very frustrating. 😞  Thanks for continuing to look into this situation.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

AzLady,

One option is to open a free third party email account with gmail or outlook.com.

You would still be able to add and access that emal address with your email client program or view directly via web interface.

Either one of those would bypass the Hughes mail servers entirely.

AzLady
New Poster

I have done that and changed it on FB, so I'll give it a few days and see what happens. If there are still no emails from FB, then that would narrow it down to being a FB problem and not a Hughesnet problem. Thanks! 
Chris11
Alum

Hello AzLady,

Thanks for the update. Please let us know if you do see the notifications come in via your other email. On our side so far there is nothing that should be causing this to happen according to our email team. Although if it works with another provider we'll keep digging.

- Chris
Chris11
Alum

Hi Azlady,

My contact wanted me to check in and see if you are still receiving this error? Hope to hear from you soon.

Thanks,
Chris
AzLady
New Poster

Hi Chris,
  Still no emails from Face Book. I guess I'll learn to live without them since they say it's nothing on their end, and Hughesnet and Outlook.com say it's nothing they are doing. We may as well close this out. It was a nice convenience... it is what it is and apparently can't be fixed. Thanks for your help though.. 
Jayne
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

That takes Hughes and their email servers out of it.
FB would send notifications to your email address of record.
If that mail address was Hughes related it would be subject to any conditions in effect with the Hughes email servers.

Your Outlook.com address really is outside of the Hughes email system so this has to be FB related.

Edit,
Did you check spam folder?
AzLady
New Poster

Hi Gwalk,
Yep... it is not a setting in my Email client, and I am receiving email from everyone else, just like I used to. I checked my Hughesnet email online also and there are no settings there that would inhibit FB email from arriving IF it were being sent. So, by process of elimination (and thanks to your suggestion) it has to be a Face Book problem that they are unwilling to address. 
Thanks for your help, along with Chris' help. 
Jayne