cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Access - Connectivity Restored

Facebook Access - Connectivity Restored

Hello everyone,

Since last night some of our customers lost connectivity to Facebook into today. As of 11:40AM EST, connectivity to Facebook for our Gen4 customers was restored. If you are still unable to reach Facebook, please powercycle your modem, router and device and attempt to access Facebook again. Should you still not have connectivity to Facebook, please post here with your modem's serial number. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Thank you
Amanda
122 REPLIES 122

Re: Facebook Access - Connectivity Restored

No.. I'm still not able to get onto facebook. I power cycled both my modem, my router, and my computer and still nothing. My modem's serial number is S/N B3 0010942612 A6
Highlighted

no still not able to access facebook .Modem #b30010472378ad

Thanks for the serial numbers! We will be escalating all those who provide their serial number as a group to our engineering department to investigate these issues further.

Amanda

No go here: SN: B30010364379AE

It worked for a while today, then when I logged back in a few minutes ago, it was out again.

This reply was created from a merged topic originally titled facebook still not working. modum number 83 0010108863A8 Router no. 10822C6A50....

facebook still will not load
Tutor

I will reboot and post back

Still not able to access Facebook.

B3001005556A3

This is a situation that is getting ridiculous. Does HughesNet know what is causing this? Is a resolution in the works to permanently fix it?
Admin

We have since found out that while our IP addressing is correct, the problem is bigger than HughesNet. Facebook access is compromised for a number of ISPs.  Naturally, we cannot speak for all but we’re watching this link to get a better idea of who’s affected. http://downdetector.com/status/facebook

I rebooted the router, modem and computer.  Still not working...

Modem S/N:  B3 0010664741 AA