cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Access - Connectivity Restored

Associate Professor

Re: Facebook Access - Connectivity Restored

quirkyfiddie, they can see the path the users are taking (they have surely ran diagnostics at the gateway to check the path), it's just getting the people from connection 7 and beyond to do their jobs.  It's difficult, even for a consumer grade ISP to get other network operators into gear.

So, it probably wouldn't really help to post the tracert results you are getting, as they can see what's happening from where they are.

It worked for a minute....not any more...S/N B3 0010645838 AG

Mine worked briefly today, but then went out again. S/N B1 0005016031 M7

I find it unacceptable that it is not a Hughesnet issue. When I take my laptop to an internet cafe, no problem. With Hughesnet at my home office -- problem! I have business pages on FB, and it's a communication hub for some of my clients. So I would like to believe that Hughesnet engineers are working on the problem, not just watching.

out for two days. S/N B30010200973 A3

Worked for about 10 minutes when I did a reset of the modem but now I am back to not working.  S/N B1 0005368482 AF
Highlighted

not working. SN: B30010364379AE
Associate Professor

Hank, considering your downlink location isn't in your area...?  You could be living in Virginia, and your link could some down in Salt Lake City, or Billings Montanna, before it ever hits the actual internet.

Well it doesnt look like anything is gonna happen tonight. I hope it will be fixed by morning. Tomorrow will be 3 days without it. This FB site is very important for me to be in touch with my family out of state. I pay alot of money for very little data because I have no choice in the rural areas where I live. One thing I do miss about city living is fast speed unlimited internet for a decent price.

I have submitted a report to Facebook via @facebook and it doesn't go anywhere. How do you actually submit a report to Facebook? If you google it, you're told to go through Facebook, but if you can't get into Facebook then that doesn't work very well now does it?