cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Facebook Access - Connectivity Restored

Re: Facebook Access - Connectivity Restored

still no access to facebook. sn number b30010654966ai. model ht1100

OK-so I noticed that with the modem provided to me by Hughesnet I am unable to change routing settings. This seems unusual. Can I use a different modem so I can actually tweak my own settings?

Nothing still SN: B30010364379AE

It would be nice if a Rep would let us know progress or just to let us know they are working on this.. S/N: B3 0010776676 AL

I still have no Facebook! Please try to update us!!

ok thanks Bill. This is very disappointing. Nothing I can do either.

None of these work.
Highlighted

Go here https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929852 and download the "prefer IPv4 over IPv6 in prefix policies" and run it. Reboot and see if you can get on Facebook. It is a IPv6 issue with Hughesnet. I am on Facebook now and so is my wife. Go ahead and download the prefer IPv6 over IPv4 prefix policies so when Hughesnet fixes this issue you can easily switch it back.

Haven't been able to get on fb in two days and reboot hasn't worked.

have a HT 1000 modem and my serial B1 0005052966 AC

Ok everyone.. I just talked to someone in Hughes Net BILLING of all places and they fixed my Facebook problem... Go to control panel, Network and Sharing Center, then click Change Adaptor Settings on the left. Right click your Ethernet or LAN connection and select properties.. Uncheck the IPV 6 in the window and click OK.. Then you should be able to open Facebook.. It worked for me!